<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

1911 for ppc

March 26 2014 at 11:50 PM
No score for this post
Kris  (Login nwoppc)

I just traded for a norinco 1911a1 sport model
Will this be a decent ppc gun?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
jb
(Login x-cop)

1911 for ppc

No score for this post
March 28 2014, 10:28 AM 

Kris,
I actually have one of these, but unless you do some smithing to it, will not be good for PPC. Cant get these of course any longer, but for a base gun they are actually better than some of the other import guns. A top gunsmith Jim Clark years ago put me on to them for a builder. Out of box shot horrible. With some work got it to shoot 3" group from 50. Did most of the work myself as a hobby project just to see what I could wind up with. You should get a match bbl., bushing. Tighten slide to frame,trigger job,fit rear hood,adjust lug lock up and adjustable sights.Any other refinements will be up to you. Jim thought they were good because they were forged steel(frame and slide)He was someone you would listen to when he spoke.
If you do work you will need to invest in some equiptment.
Trouble is you can buy some guns nowadays with all this already done for what it will cost you to have it done or even cost out of your pocket if you do yourself.
As a shooter for casual competition is a decent gun. Used to sell for $200 brand new, now going for $400-$500(used) in states if you can find um.

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

Re: 1911 for ppc

No score for this post
March 30 2014, 10:15 AM 

Thanks for the info.
I shot it and I was getting 2 inches at 25 with it. Haven't tried it at 50 yet
I talked with a gunsmith and he will do the work you had mentioned for me for a good deal
I got this gun for next to nothing so I don't mind putting some money into it to make it shoot better

jb
(Login x-cop)

1911 for ppc

No score for this post
March 30 2014, 5:46 PM 

If you got 2" with it at 25 yds you got one that did better than mine. What load did you shoot?
Getting one at a good price is hard here in states now. You did good if you got it like you say. My opinion again, will make a good competitioon gun.

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

No score for this post
March 31 2014, 8:25 AM 

This one is brand new and I got it for 200 bucks
I was shooting 230 grain 45 acp federal factory loads
It's one of the new custom sport models so it's very well built
Showed it to a gunsmith buddy and he said it doesn't need anything done

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

No score for this post
May 5 2014, 10:25 PM 

Worked good the other day

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement