<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

9mm ppc loads

May 20 2014 at 10:10 PM
No score for this post
Kris  (Login nwoppc)

What is everyone using for 9mm ppc loads ?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Unregistered Member
(Login Surratt95)

Re: 9mm ppc loads

No score for this post
June 3 2014, 10:20 AM 

Atlanta Arms and Ammo 9mm 115gr with the XTP bullet

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

No score for this post
June 3 2014, 10:41 PM 

Thx
Can't get those in canada any idea what the recipe might be?

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

No score for this post
June 14 2014, 5:51 PM 

I been happy with my 147 grain factory accuracy

Joel
(Login jcismo1)

No score for this post
July 25 2014, 11:07 PM 

If you are referring to handloads, My load was 4.4 grs of Titegroup under a 115 gr Zero JHP. I think though, that you may get better barrel longevity using a 147 gr load, due to the significantly lower velocities. The 115's ran about 1188 fps, whereas the 147gr could be loaded to about 950-975fps and still run the gun. Things to ponder anyway.

Robert
(Login rminut)

No score for this post
July 26 2014, 10:33 AM 

coming from the bullseye world I can tell you a popular 9mm load for the Beretta service pistol is 6.0 grains of Alliant Power Pistol behind the 115gr Zero or Sierra. This load is known to shoot under 1.5 inches at 50 yards. Another popular load is 4.8 grains of Vihtavouri N340. I think it's generally accepted that the biggest factor in 9mm accuracy is using a slower twist barrel from KKM, the 1/32 twist can only use the 115/124 grain bullets though. The 147 will not stabilize using the KKM so you have to pick your bullet first.

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

No score for this post
November 14 2014, 6:26 PM 

Thanks for the replies

jamesrchapman
(Login jamesrchapman)

No score for this post
November 15 2014, 5:48 PM 

115 gr Hornady HAP
5.4 gr WW WSF
Fed #100 primer
oal 1.125

Unregistered Member
(Login JIMPGOV)

No score for this post
November 15 2014, 6:53 PM 

121 GR HORNADY HAP
5.3 WSF
FED SP
AOL 1.142

115GR HORNADY XTP
5.0 VV330
FED SP
AOL 1.142

NEW BRASS FOR 50YD , ANY GOOD BRASS SHORT LINE

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

No score for this post
November 17 2014, 6:36 PM 

Thanks guys

115 HAP it is

outoppie
(Login outoppie)

9mm ppc loads

No score for this post
December 25 2014, 8:16 AM 

Very interesting info....I am from South Africa and use a Vektor 9mm (this is he SA copy of the Beretta ).....have been using 135gr lead bullets....my 50m scores are not for publication...
from the earlier comments can I assum that 115 gr bullets are better for 50m shooting...
words of wisdom would be appreciated

Unregistered Member
(Login x-cop)

No score for this post
December 25 2014, 1:18 PM 

Depending on the twist rate of the bbl. may not like the 135 grain pill. My understanding from a lot of shooters the 1:32 twist is the ideal bbl for the 115 JHP bullets, if you can get the bbl for your gun. Might want to try 147 grain and 124 grain boolits too. You "Possibly" have a 1:15 twist 8 groove bbl that would more than likely like the heavier boolit. This being a copy of the Beretta and designed as a service type gun is not a competition gun unless some modifications done. KKM use to make a 1:32 twist bbl. for the Beretta 92(should work), but availability is hard. Quite a bit of custom work by David Sams of the AMU turned the Berettas into high quality competiton guns for the army. Depending on what you are looking for and how much time and money you want to invest, and how hard it is to obtain guns your neck of the woods, might consider a 1911 style pistol.
Try some heavier weight boolits to begin with.
Try some jacketed or plated boolits too. Experiment.
Do you handload or get store bought ammo?
Hope this helps a little.

jim chapman
(Login jamesrchapman)

No score for this post
December 25 2014, 1:23 PM 

Changed my mind.

Dropped my 115 load to 5 GR wtf.

But, still find my 3.8 GR clay dot load works well indoors.

jim chapman
(Login jamesrchapman)

No score for this post
December 25 2014, 1:26 PM 

An Obama spellchecker!
WSF powder

x-cop
(Login x-cop)

9 mm load

No score for this post
December 25 2014, 6:31 PM 

A friend of mine gave me 4.4 231 with 124 JHP

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

Re: 9 mm load

No score for this post
December 27 2014, 10:46 AM 

How did it work ?

JB
(Login x-cop)

9mm load

No score for this post
December 27 2014, 12:03 PM 

I have not had a chance to try it. Need to get some 124 grain boolits.

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

Re: 9mm load

Score 2.0 (1 person)
January 5 2015, 10:47 PM 

Going to experiment with 115 124 and 147

JB
(Login x-cop)

9mm load

No score for this post
January 6 2015, 11:10 AM 

Let me know how you make out.

Unregistered Member
(Login xPPC)

No score for this post
January 6 2015, 11:00 PM 

I don't reload. Could someone recommend commercially available ammo to use with the S&W PPC 5" and 6" guns?

If anyone has a S&W PPC 6", DPA 4" or 5" gun they want to sell, please let me know. I will buy.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement