WE ARE ACTIVELY MAKING THE STOCKS FOR REMINGTONS COMPETITION 1100
SHOTGUN--

SPENT SOME TIME WITH JERRY EASON AND MIKE WALSH THE OTHER DAY AND
THEY ARE BOTH DOING WELL'!! CIGARS HAVEN'T KILLED ME YET SO I AM
STILL AROUND.

REGARDS,
BILL DAVIS 916-997-7675
wadavis2@comcast.net

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Kris
(Login nwoppc)

Re: IF YOU NEED INFO ON OUR GUNS

No score for this post
June 30 2014, 12:11 PM 

Thanks bill!

Scott McWatters
(Login smcw)

A long time ago

No score for this post
August 18 2014, 5:15 PM 

If this is the Bill Davis I'm thinking of..... When I was in High School (40 years ago) I watched you work on my Dads Model 10 in your garage. The BoMar reads "Custom made for Bob McWatters by Bill Davis". I have both his and mine and wouldn't trade them for gold.

I remember the Reno match, Al Markell was the Judge and Dads target was challenged because of the 2 pt difference for the win. The prize was a trip to Hawaii. I heard stories about that trip for years.

If your that Bill Davis ..... My Dad thought the world of you, as do I.

Scott

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

Re: IF YOU NEED INFO ON OUR GUNS

No score for this post
August 21 2014, 9:47 PM 

Bill thanks again for helping me and being a good resource for me
I really appreciate it

HoganFS
(Login HoganFS)

Wow

No score for this post
August 22 2014, 4:04 PM 

MISTER Davis !

Talk about coincidink.

You wouldn't know me. I just registered here moments ago to try to get info on a Fred Schmidt gun I had Fred build for me for the Steel Challenge in 1986. Part PPC, part combat revolver with his short cylinder.

But, I have two other L-Frames that Kerry Freeman did fine action jobs on during the same period. I was a friend of Bud Watson of Watson Precision Reloading in the San Gabriel Valley - a new member then of the Wart Hogs, their old club that originally included some of the leather slap guys from the 1950s.

I still have the two L-Frames. Simply had the muzzles crowned and the barrel forcing cones opened up, with a Davis - Freeman action job. That's all I needed then to compete practically anywhere.

The first one got pretty rickety. In my own jargon and notes, it's always called the 'Original L'. The second one is my best revolver (competing in some ways with Fred Schmidt's) and has always been called, the "Davis L". It's the last L-Frame I'll ever give up.

And here you be. Cool.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement