<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Distinguished revolver recommendation

July 20 2014 at 8:45 PM
No score for this post
Robert  (Login rminut)

What do you guys recommend to use in the Distinguished match? A 586, Model 14? What is the most popular model? I guess there is not much you can do to one and still meet the rules so do you just get the action slicked up and start practicing?
Thanks.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Joel
(Login jcismo1)

Re: Distinguished revolver recommendation

No score for this post
July 25 2014, 10:59 PM 

Hi Robert
I would suggest sticking with the same frame size as your open gun. It keeps things a lot less confusing. Nothing worse than trying to speedload a revolver with a wrong size speedloader, because you got things mixed up before you got to the firing line. I personally prefer a K-frame over the L-frame. Don't ask me why!

Robert
(Login rminut)

No score for this post
July 26 2014, 10:26 AM 

Thanks Joel,
I agree and have stopped looking at 586's. i'm just going to wait and hopefully find a 14-5, while using my K38.

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

No score for this post
August 10 2014, 9:11 AM 

I run a stock

Tony M
(Login tm1955)

No score for this post
August 10 2014, 3:42 PM 

There is a model 14-6, which is the heavy underlug model 14 too, on gunbroker right now. There is only a couple of hours left if you are interested in trying to get one. They don't come up very often for sale or auction. This is only the second one I have seen in at least a year. this is at 12:44 hours mst on 8-10-14.

I do agree with trying to keep everything the same with all your guns for consistency and familiarity.

Good luck.
tony

Robert
(Login rminut)

No score for this post
August 19 2014, 10:35 PM 

Thanks for the heads up Tony. That one went too high for me. It was an awfully nice example.

Tony Miller
(Login tm1955)

No score for this post
August 20 2014, 8:45 AM 

Robert, I know what you mean about a high price. I guess there are folks out there that want them more than I do!

jb
(Login x-cop)

Didtinguished revolver-opinion

No score for this post
August 20 2014, 4:07 PM 

My understanding that gun sold for $1250.00!! They are like chickens with lips right now. Nothing wrong with a Model 14 and right load put thru it. As we all know "most"will outshoot the shooter. 586 ot 686 are good. 586 got me my points. I know, different loaders and you have to be careful. Understandable, more "stuff to buy". What ever you get, have a gunsmith check it out or least shoot it(off a ransom if possible) first. If seller wont let you do it, pass on it.All kinds of reasons to sell something, but if that reason is a poor shooting gun naturally you dont want it. Some can be tweaked back to performing and some cant. Buyer beware.

Robert
(Login rminut)

Re: Didtinguished revolver-opinion

No score for this post
August 20 2014, 6:00 PM 

I was able to get one, finally, for much less. i'll send it off to Joe this winter.

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

Re: Didtinguished revolver-opinion

No score for this post
August 23 2014, 10:09 PM 

I run a pair of 686s one stock for distinguished and one custom for 1500

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement