<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Right hand barricade shots hit left

August 9 2014 at 5:46 PM
No score for this post
Kris  (Login nwoppc)

Shot yesterday and my left hand barricade shots were close to
My right hand barricade shots were all in a good cluster but about 6 inches left of where I was aiming
Was shootin 25 yards on a b34
Was using my custom 686
Any ideas ?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Tony M
(Login tm1955)

Re: Right hand barricade shots hit left

No score for this post
August 10 2014, 9:03 AM 

Kris, it could be a number of things. The first thing I would look at is how much trigger finger you used. Too little trigger finger causes the tip to push the gun to the left if you are shooting right hand, too much pulls the gun to the right. You could have too much trigger finger which can cause the wrist to flex in an attempt to help you pull the trigger all the way through, causing your shots to go right. It sounds like whatever you were doing was the same for all your shots, so whatever it is you are doing, you are consistent at it. Go back and pay close attention to the basics such as grip and stance, and when you get ready to shoot, where your trigger finger is on the trigger, and see if that doesn't help.

Good luck.
tony

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

No score for this post
August 10 2014, 9:10 AM 

Thanks tony

My groups are really good it's the shots hitting left from the right side
I will play around with the trigger finger
My left hand barricade I was surprised with how well I shot and being left eye dominant thought that may have had something to do with it.

Jim Chapman
(Login jamesrchapman)

No score for this post
August 26 2014, 7:37 PM 

I'm a left hander and I have that issue when shooting right hand barricade. a tight group in the left 9/10 ring. I found the only relief is to hold the sight edge on the left side neck (50 yards, neck hold). They drop in for 10's/x's. I've also been told is could be putting too much pressure on the barricade with the support hand.

Jim Chapman,

Michigan

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

No score for this post
August 27 2014, 10:10 AM 

Thanks jim

Jim
(Login jamesrchapman)

No score for this post
November 1 2014, 11:26 PM 

I was playing around indoors tonight practicing right hand (weak hand) barricade. I found if I held the gun in a standing 2 hand grip, and forced the back of the left hand against the side of the barricade, my groups would center up.

just a thought...

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

No score for this post
November 5 2014, 10:11 AM 

Thanks for the info

Bill Davis
(Login Wad36255)

Point of Impact

No score for this post
November 6 2014, 12:41 PM 

Kris,

Try an overlapping golf grip, interlock your two little
fingers and run your bottom hand last three knuckles flat
against the barricade. Worked for me.

Good Luck!!

Bill Davis

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

Re: Point of Impact

No score for this post
November 8 2014, 9:28 AM 

Thanks bill !
Will do

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

Re: Point of Impact

No score for this post
December 27 2014, 12:13 PM 

Works good and also works on the golf course pretty good too

JB
(Login x-cop)

Point of impact

No score for this post
December 27 2014, 12:16 PM 

Only thing with this grip, have to holler FORE before each shot(lol)

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

Re: Point of impact

No score for this post
February 5 2016, 10:33 AM 

Bump

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

Re: Point of impact

No score for this post
July 15 2016, 11:00 PM 

Go got figured out was pushing too hard on the barricade once I rested my hand on the barricade they hit centre consistently

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement