<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Suggestion for a load for STI Targetmaster

September 7 2014 at 9:11 AM
No score for this post
x-cop  (Login x-cop)

Anyone shooting one of these that has a suggestion for a load(9mm).
Powder,bullet, OAL, whatever.
I have tried, Zero, Hornady(xtp),Winchester, Rainier,and Precision Delta bullets.112,124, 147 jhp's. No lead.
Got one this summer and not overly impressed by it so far. Touted as being so accuate!
I know prob outshoot the shooter, but 5"6" groups(gathering) at 50??
Appreciate any suggestions. Maybe this why previous owner sold it?
Thanks

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Moose
(Login TampaLeo)

Re: Suggestion for a load for STI Targetmaster

No score for this post
September 17 2014, 10:39 AM 

I have a Target Master and after several modifications its a damn good shooter now. Easy sub 2inch at 50. I found the bull barrel it comes with is not that great. The grain bullet I shoot is 115gr Atlanta Arms Ammo. The old barrel never shot great groups but was better than 5 inches at 50. Check the twist rate of the barrel. The 1/16 twist seems to do the best in my experience. I converted my target master to an Open gun and it shoot great.

x-cop
(Login x-cop)

Suggestion for a load for STI Targetmaster

No score for this post
September 17 2014, 11:34 AM 

Moose,
The factory bbl(bull) is supposed to be 1:16 twist. What modifications did you make to yours to get it shooting? "Appreciate" any suggestions.
You can e-mail me @ jbcustom-leather@att.net.
When you say you made into an "open" gun, what did you do?
Yes, have been told the Atlanta Ammo is way to go. Heard they use the Hndy XTP bullet in their competition load and the HAP bullet in the reloads.
I know one thing for sure, bbl not locking up same with each shot.Causing stringing and flyers. I noticed rub marks on one side of bbl. and lightly stoned and polished this area and now have seen quite an improvement(out of my hand). Going to machine rest it again with different loads. You would think their quality control would be just a "little" better??.
I did check link and bbl hood for lock up and seems fine.No bbl springing detected.Slide tight.NO real muzzle movement detected on lock up.Actually pretty tight. Again any suggestions appreciated.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement