<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Anyone got one

November 5 2014 at 2:35 PM
Score 2.0 (1 person)
Dave  (Login Dave1500)

Hi all you lucky geezers in the USA. You can still shoot revolvers with less than 12 inch and without a coat hanger sticking out from the butt and with a S&W. We have to use Taurus 66 cos I live in the UK.

Anyway, reading old messages, a chap whose initials are JP, and who use to work for Bill Davis mentioned Apex Barrels. Are they still available. Has anyone got one. What was the twist rate that allowed me to shoot sub inch groups at 50 metres. Were they 1 in 10 twist with 10 grooves or what. Anyone got one. Anyone got some the Davis grips or where can I get those. I hope to get more than the few who are still in to 1500 comps here. Better still, has anyone got a Bill Davis for sale? I have a USA agent that can ship to the UK

Any info will be of interest

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Tampa Leo
(Login TampaLeo)

Re: Anyone got one

No score for this post
January 25 2015, 10:08 AM 

go to ajshotgun.com for the bill davis grips. Not sure about the apex barrels.. I am sure they do have them you just have to call or look on their website. \\

hope this helps.

JB
(Login x-cop)

Anyone got one

Score 1.0 (1 person)
January 25 2015, 1:25 PM 

Dave,
To the best of my knowledge Apex no longer made. As far as availability might be some out there. Bill is making the grips again, but I don't think for the Taurus frame. I have "one" set of Trausch Grips(no longer made since owner of company died)that became real popular that will fit a full size Taurus. These are a hard rubber composition that can be shaped if need be to your hand. Most popular one for the Beretta 92(ultra thin), wish I had a room full of these. Everyone wanting one now that cant get them. Never fails.
The bbls usually were 1:14 twist rate with some possibly 1:12 and 1:10. Douglas and Shilen the way to go in my opinion. 1:14 optimal for wad cutters again my opinion. As you know everyone has one like a certain part of the anatomy. Any corrections appreciated.
Bill's website posted on this site, you might try to contact him via e-mail.
BILL DAVIS
7999 WILDRIDGE DRIVE
FAIR OAKS , CALIF 95628
916-997-7675
AJShogun.com
I have several bull bbls. taken off PPC guns that were converted back to their original status. If it helps you can have one for $25.00 and shipping. Would need to set back and rethread to fit Taurus, not sure if that would even work . Almost sacrilegious(lol) Your best bet is a bbl. blank though. I am not sure how to ship abroad though. Since it is not a firearm shouldn't be a hassle, but every time I assume I get into trouble.
My e-mail is jbcustom-leather@att.net. with any questions if I can help.
Hope this helps a little

JPE
(Login JPE0392)

No score for this post
January 28 2015, 9:55 PM 

Dave Apex BBLS were 1:14 twist and were very good in the early days later ones after original owner died not so much. We went to Shilen blanks at Bill Davis around 1989 and they are great but tougher to get especially in 1.5 stainless. Davis guns sell frequently at gun shows and internet and are usually a good buy. Davis grips are only available for S&W K & L frames Large model only, available from the man himself at AJSHOTGUN.COM JPE

Roman
(Login Ruffian2)

BBls

No score for this post
March 12 2015, 10:20 AM 

Will or are there any bbls left , that will work got a S&W Mod 10 3 screw and am interested in a bbl

JPE
(Login JPE0392)

No score for this post
January 28 2015, 9:59 PM 

DAVE I believe Bill told me he has a contact in the UK for his grips so contact Bill for further. JPE

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement