<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Glock 21 45 acp for 1500 ppc

February 9 2015 at 10:46 AM
No score for this post
Kris   (Login nwoppc)

Would a Glock 21 with a bar sto barrel be any good for 1500 ppc
It was used by previous owner for ppc

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
mopper
(Login mopper72)

Re: Glock 21 45 acp for 1500 ppc

No score for this post
February 9 2015, 11:57 AM 

Kris,

a Glock has a very safe trigger what it makes terrible for precise shooting.
It will work on short distances, but at 50y it will be difficult.

Why he is selling the gun?

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

No score for this post
February 10 2015, 9:06 PM 

He's wanting to buy another 45
He's a really good guy and I am able to test Fire it before I buy it

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

No score for this post
February 22 2015, 5:50 PM 

I have decided to go with a different 1500 gun
226 x5

Jim C
(Login jamesrchapman)

No score for this post
February 22 2015, 7:32 PM 

Kris, what ppc available guns do you currently have?

Myself, I use a MOJO smith and wesson revolver for 1500 matches.
it's based on a model 64. many based on model 10's abound, most will shoot 2" from a rest at 50 yards.

for a semi-auto, I'm using a Springfield Armory 1911 loaded in 9mm. Currently using it indoors, but, when the temperature goes up oh, say another 60 degrees, I'll be testing match loads outdoors for 50 yd matches. I've currently put in a Nowlin 9mm match barrel that I've yet to test out.

I'm going to play around with 147 gr Hornady xtp's , but, I know I have a good load using Hornady 115 gr HAP bullets.

and, the great 45 acp is renown for accuracy potential at 50 yds.

good luck!

Jim Chapman

[linked image]

Tony Miller
(Login tm1955)

No score for this post
February 24 2015, 10:28 AM 

Jim, would you be willing to share what your load is using the 115 grain HAP's? I know any information is only for what works in your gun and I need to work up a load for my guns. I just like to learn what others are using and what kind of groups they are getting.

Thanks,
Tony

JB
(Login x-cop)

Glock 21 for 1500

No score for this post
February 22 2015, 7:33 PM 

Kris,
Just an ole mans opinion, if you are seriously into PPC, you are wasting yure time and money on anything less than a 1911 foundation style pistol with a substantial investment for accuracy and quality. For what I have seen price wise for the Sig you can get into a fairly decent 1911 platform and get some decent accurizing done. I of course don't know what your situation is in Canada about getting different guns, so the Sig might be a good choice on your part, definitely will outperform the Glock. Again just an ole farts opinion.
Stay safe.

Jim C
(Login jamesrchapman)

Re: Glock 21 for 1500

No score for this post
February 22 2015, 7:46 PM 

Kris, try and contact fellow canadian Gerard Pouget. He's from somewhere in Ontario, Sarnia, or Windsor. He shoots in many of the Michigan Police Combat Pistol Association (MPCPA) matches. He's very knowledgeable and might be able to help you.

Jim

Unregistered Member
(Login nwoppc)

No score for this post
February 24 2015, 10:14 PM 

Thanks for the replies
I was looking at a ppc 9 and an x5
The x5 will be with me on Friday at the range for a test fire I can get the x5 for cheaper than a ppc 9

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

No score for this post
February 24 2015, 10:15 PM 

The x5 is a complete kit with everything I need mags holster spare parts etc

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

No score for this post
March 8 2015, 5:23 PM 

Decided to save up to get a decent 1500 ppc gun
X5 is too costly so gonna find something

jim c
(Login jamesrchapman)

No score for this post
March 9 2015, 7:00 PM 

Best 9mm I've seen is a custom shop loaded model from Springfield armory. milt Williams shoots one . Not cheap, but shoots knots at 50yd from Ransom rest.
I just don't see many of the smith ppc's available out there.

I'm working with a 9mm S.A loaded with a Nowlin bbl that I'm waiting for the weather to break to test loads with.

I know the bullseye shooters like the S.A range officer as a base gun for accurizing. Might be worth looking at.

Jim

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

No score for this post
August 5 2015, 1:55 PM 

Thanks Jim found a used 1911 Springfield 9mm

Jim Chapman
(Login jamesrchapman)

No score for this post
August 5 2015, 9:19 PM 

/[linked image]

JB
(Login x-cop)

Glock 21 for 1500

No score for this post
August 6 2015, 9:54 PM 

Was able to get couple of Springfield RO models, full size in 9mm, new. For couple of our guys in my area. Machine rested these and out of box getting X-ring groups(50 yds) with Atlanta Arms 115 jhp and couple of their own handloads. Prob for the money one of the better buys out there and out shoots some of the so called pricy target guns without having to do any extensive tweaking. With a little decent gunsmithing prob even shoot a little tighter. I was able to pick them up around 800 bucks, not too bad.

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

No score for this post
February 5 2016, 10:28 AM 

I got the Glock 45 to shoot good
Gonna run it in distinguished

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

No score for this post
March 27 2016, 9:37 AM 

Getting a 1911 in 45 acp

JB
(Login x-cop)

Glock 21 for 1500

No score for this post
March 27 2016, 10:31 AM 

What did you wind up getting?

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

No score for this post
March 27 2016, 7:43 PM 

Running a 686 custom for 1500
Stock 686 for distinguished revolver
Glock 22 for duty
Glock 17 for duty
P226r sig for duty
Glock 21 45 acp for distinguished semi auto
Springfield 1911 for 1500 semi open

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

No score for this post
March 28 2016, 10:25 PM 

A colt that's been rebuilt

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement