<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

World Police & Fire Games

February 27 2015 at 2:20 PM
Score 5.0 (1 person)
Marc  (Login MarcLipp)

For those who have not heard - the 2015 World Police & Fire Games are being held here in the United States in Fairfax, Virginia. The LE shooting events are being hosted by the Fairfax County Police who host annual Police Pistol Combat Tournaments at their range.

For the first time in WPFG history the PPC matches have been sanctioned by NRA Law Enforcement Competitions as a PPC Regional and will be run under standard NRA PPC Rules. This means that if your are LE eligible to fire PPC your scores will count for all the events and you can earn Distinguished Points.

The PPC portion will be held Jun 28th to the 30th. For information and to register you have to go to the WPFG website at http://fairfax2015.com.

Scheduled Matches: Open Class Semi-Auto, Open Class Revolver, Distinguished Semi-Auto, Distinguished Revolver, Team Matches. Prizes and trophies will be from the WPFG.

It would be great to have a large US turnout and for you guys to show the rest of the world's LE folks how to shoot & take home the Gold.

Hope to see you there !

Marc

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ben
(Login bb535)

Re: World Police &amp; Fire Games

No score for this post
February 28 2015, 1:23 AM 

Marc,

Picked up a used Targetmaster yesterday from my FFL, registered for the games today! These will be my first sanctioned PPC matches, as there are none around here in Wisconsin,(pronounced Wescolnsen in most parts of the country.)

BB

JB
(Login x-cop)

Used Targetmaster

No score for this post
February 28 2015, 11:24 AM 

Ben,
Let me know how this gun shoots after you check it out. Curious. 9MM or .45?
Thanks

Ben
(Login bb535)

Re: Used Targetmaster

No score for this post
February 28 2015, 3:27 PM 

Marc,

It is a used 45. Was debating on 9 mm since I don't have a 9 mm 1911, however, its cheaper for me to shoot 45 since I'm used to it, plus bigger holes! Shot 20 of my bullseye reloads and it shot like a dream felt like a heavy 22 Magnum. Started started out at 21 feet and annihilated the lower left corner of the X ring. Send the target out to 25 yards and grouped it fairly well unsupported.I was a little rushed for time but I have a lot of practice yet to do. Shot some hardball out of it as well and it was very pleasant. Trigger is kind of sloppy but I will take care of that. And I will have to figure out the sighting system a little better over time.

Bb

JB
(Login x-cop)

Used Targetmaster

No score for this post
February 28 2015, 4:06 PM 

Sounds like you got a keeper. If you try it at 50, let me know.
I have a 9mm that I sent back to STI. They finally got it shooting, very good customer service and stood behind their warranty program. Totally satisfied with that. Got one group sub X-ring @ 50 yds from a Ransom. Before they reworked would shoot 2" at 25 yds, but at 50 strung vertical about 7"-8" with everything. Proof in the pudding is the 50! I have rested factory out of box at 25 and get 1 1/2" groups and then at 50 spread out like a pancake in the frying pan.
Thanks

Marc
(Login MarcLipp)

Good Luck Ben

No score for this post
March 2 2015, 10:00 AM 

That's awesome Ben. Hope you can get it all snapped in by the Games !

Now we just need to find someone to run PPC matches near you. Maybe you can find a range who would be interested and help get one running. It's easy to start and with the PPC Rule changes over the last 5 years you only need on "non-shooter" to run the event. The others can help out and still shoot now. We have some Tournaments who started with just 3-4 guys and slowly grew over time.

Look forward to seeing you there !

Marc

JPE
(Login JPE0392)

WORLD GAMES

No score for this post
March 1 2015, 1:23 AM 

NRA REGIONAL MATCHES INCLUDE RESERVE OFFICERS COMPETING ARE RESERVE OFFICERS ALLOWED TO COMPETE IN WORLD GAMES IF NOT THERE WILL BE A PROBLEM. JPE

Ben
(Login bb535)

Re: Aux Officers

No score for this post
March 1 2015, 11:05 AM 

My guess is NO, this is from their website:

WORLD POLICE AND FIRE GAMES ENTRANT ELIGIBILITY
In order to be eligible to compete in the World Police & Fire Games, a person:

-Must be at least 18 years old and be publicly employed as a full time Law Enforcement Officer or Firefighter;
-Must have formal Firefighter or Law Enforcement Officer training;
-Their primary occupation must be that of a Law Enforcement Officer or Firefighter;
-Must be a member of an eligible agency; or, a retired Law Enforcement Officer or Firefighter from an eligible agency.
-Must have been sworn, or appointed, as a Firefighter or Law Enforcement Officer by an eligible agency.
-Training/Academy Time: If an agency hires officers or firefighters but requires completion of an academy prior to swearing in, the competitor may use the first day of the academy for the sworn date on the Sports Entry Form.

EXCLUDED:
Any agency or representative from an agency not mentioned above, meeting the requirements of a Police or Fire Agency as defined, may petition the WPFGF Eligibility Committee for inclusion in the WPFG.

Agencies and Classifications Specifically Excluded:

-Military Police and Fire Departments (non-civilian)
-Volunteer Fire Departments
-Private Business Fire Departments (Except as specifically approved)
-Police and Sheriff's Reserves
-Police Cadets, Interns, or Community Service Officers
-Private Security Services
-Private Paramedic Services
-Paramedics (without Firefighter status)
-***Auxiliary Police*****
-Pre-employment Police Science Students
-Seasonal Firefighters or Smokejumpers
-County Correctional Officers (WITHOUT Peace Officer status)
-Municipal Corrections Officers (Except as specifically approved)

JERRY EASON
(Login JPE0392)

Re: Aux Officers

No score for this post
March 1 2015, 10:18 PM 

CLEARLY THIS CAN NOT BE A NRA REGIONAL PERIOD AS RESERVE OFFICERS ARE ELIGABLE TO COMPETE IN NRA REGIONAL MATCHES THIS IS WHY WPFG GAMES HAVE NEVER BEEN A NRA REGIONAL BEFORE .JPE

Marc
(Login MarcLipp)

RE: WPFG & Reserve Officers

No score for this post
March 2 2015, 9:55 AM 

Hi Jerry,

As with any Tournament the Tournament Director can set the conditions of a match concerning eligibility following the provisions of PPC Rule 2.1.

This occurs frequently, such as with NRA Membership or membership in the local club. The NRA PPC Rules do NOT require NRA Membership but many clubs require it and add it to their PPC Tournament Program. The same is true for full time, reserve or Industrial status. Some Tournaments limit participation to only sworn public full time LE as their agency bars anyone else from using their ranges. So they either have a tournament and have to limit eligibility or don't have a tournament at all and end PPC at their range. We of course want them to keep PPC and work over time and see if they can change the minds of their administrators.

While we would like all regularly eligible PPC folks to be able to fire in the World Police & Fire Games they, not us, determine their match conditions.

Instead of looking at the negative and refusing to work with them we felt excited that we got them to ask to be sanctioned, which they have never done before despite being asked to, so any PPC shooters who could get there and compete could have their scores count and get a chance to earn Distinguished Points.

It would be great if you could bring together other folks who WPFG does not include and generate a petition and send countless e-mail requests to their board members requesting they consider that all Reserve and Industrial officers be allowed to compete in the LE shooting events if they met regular PPC requirements. They may not change this year but maybe you can sway them for the next event which would be fantastic.

Hope to see you at Nationals Jerry. Be safe !

Marc

JB
(Login x-cop)

WFPG

No score for this post
March 2 2015, 4:51 PM 

Hello Marc,
My 2 cents(n todays economy dime's worth), the sponsors are definitely missing the boat considering all the reserve officers out there now(have to be POST)that depts. use until they get on full time and don't have to pay benefits or salary. As we all know we are seeing PPC dying and if not resuscitated will pass away. I started in Bloomington Ind. and still try to promote and participate(as feeble as I am)as much as possible. The sponsors should take a real hard look at their decision and work to change the requirements, and the N.R.A.(which I have been a member of since 1959)should push and promote this training as much as possible and as strongly as they do other agendas. Again just my opinion and my view of things. Negative views arise from negative actions(trying to be positive).
Stay safe.

Unregistered Member
(Login JPE0392)

Re: RE: WPFG & Reserve Officers

No score for this post
March 15 2015, 12:35 AM 

Hi Marc I've been out of town sorry for the late response. I think the point was missed concerning Reserve officer participation in world games. I have never heard of any NRA sanctioned or Regional match in the past 38 years excluding reserve officers from competing. Most sponsors recognize that LE Reserve Officers are sworn just as full time officers and put their lives on the line and are subject to the same dangers and legal challenges as a full time officer.When the World Game officials approached NRA LE Competitions for Regional approval I would have hoped that NRA would have supported Reserve officers by telling them that would happen only if they included Reserve Officers eligible to shoot PPC with a classification lets say prior to JAN.1 2015 Marc my concern in this matter is not personal as I have no intention of shooting these games as they have never recognized Reserves as worthy of there respect, but I would hope any other Reserves that wished to compete would have the opportunity to do so. Respectfully JP EASON SEE YOU AT NATIONALS!

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

No score for this post
March 25 2015, 1:12 PM 

Can canadian police compete in this event?

Unregistered Member
(Login bb535)

No score for this post
March 25 2015, 8:08 PM 

Yes a Canadian can, emphasis on "World" police and fire games. The 2017 games are in Motreal. Go to Www.Fairfax2015.com .

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement