<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

building a barricade stand

March 5 2015 at 11:38 AM
No score for this post
robert  (Login rminut)

has anybody built their own barricade stand for practice? I'm thinking a 2"x4"x8' mounted to a aluminum plate, with some way to easily separate them for transport, should work but would like to hear from anybody with suggestions. Thanks.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
JB
(Login x-cop)

Barricade

No score for this post
March 5 2015, 2:00 PM 

Robert,
Wood would be sturdy of course. you can use a single 2X6 or wider if desired. that slip into metal flange in base to take apart. make base wide enough for stability or even to stand on. use wood that wont warp if gets wet. Just some thoughts. if you have an area you own and dig up, put a hole in ground for a metal flange that you can slip the board in and out of. make a cap to cover if need be to keep water, debris etc. out of. Just some thoughts

JH
(Login sojax560)

Barricade stand

No score for this post
March 15 2015, 4:45 PM 

Go to www.fisasrange.com/photos.html you can see the stands I had made for barricade positions.
They are exactly like the standard re-bar target stands only these are built to hold a 2x6 in the center. The rocks at the base were used to keep the target from rocking in my more primitive days. Now I use 2 bags of tube sand to make the post stable enough to lean into it. They are perfectly portable, compatible with all the 50 yard positions and I have a local machinist who only charges $30 to make one.

robert
(Login rminut)

Re: Barricade stand

No score for this post
March 15 2015, 5:55 PM 

Thanks for that picture. that helps. I have a local business that makes wrought iron patio furniture and I think I can show them the picture to make a stand.

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

No score for this post
March 25 2015, 11:38 PM 

2x6 bolted to a concrete pad but it's heavy to haul around

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

No score for this post
February 5 2016, 10:30 AM 

Bump

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement