<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

cylinder cleaning

May 13 2015 at 7:08 PM
No score for this post
robert  (Login rminut)

In light of the barrel leading posting, how often and how diligently do people clean the cylinders? Completely spotless? what usually are the trouble signs when it's time to clean?
Thanks

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Kris
(Login nwoppc)

Re: cylinder cleaning

No score for this post
May 17 2015, 5:19 PM 

I clean mine every time I use it
Signs of trouble are when a 357 round won't chamber in the cylinder mostly

Jim Chapman
(Login jamesrchapman)

No score for this post
May 19 2015, 9:11 PM 

Most often I see a shorty brass brush being run through the cylinders prior to each match, and before the NMC portion. Just to clean out powder residue, etc.

Tony Kent
(Login tonyk60)

cylinder cleaning

No score for this post
May 24 2015, 3:57 AM 

I run a bronze brush through prior to each match, more to rub any loose lead away than to clean it spick and span. Theoretically any case should fall into the chamber, if your ammo is full length sized, I'd be worried if any of mine didn't, even my tight cylinder.

I'll get in with the Lewis lead remover prior to a big competition when then I will ensure that it is factory clean, cylinder, forcing cone and barrel. Hell, I've even been known to run a brush over the sights to get rid of built up sight black etc I do hate those growths that happen when you hit prone to find that there are things hanging off the side of the front sight that shouldn't be there.

robert
(Login rminut)

No score for this post
May 24 2015, 11:29 PM 

great information guys, thanks.

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

No score for this post
February 5 2016, 10:29 AM 

Bump

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement