<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Off Duty pistol recommendations?

October 14 2015 at 6:22 PM
No score for this post
Lane579  (Login Lane579)

What are you guys using for Match 15? I've used my Kimber Ultra .45ACP for the past couple years just because that's what I had to fit the bill, but I just don't seem to do as well as I think I should or could be. Or should I spend more time developing loads for it? I've tried various 185-200gr loads but at 25 yards things seem to fall apart on me. So I was curious what other guys are using.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
JB
(Login x-cop)

Off duty pistol recommendations

No score for this post
October 15 2015, 12:08 PM 

Just my opinion, but for out of box accuracy and reasonable price, the Springfield RO compact in 9mm(if quality control has remained same).

Lane579
(Login Lane579)

Re: Off duty pistol recommendations

No score for this post
October 23 2015, 12:12 PM 

Thanks JB but the 4" barrel on the compact RO would be too long per the 3.6" rule. Anyone have any experience with the Glock 43 vs SA EMP vs Mod2 vs ??

Unregistered Member
(Login Lane579)

Any updates this year?

No score for this post
September 25 2016, 8:59 AM 

So did anyone have any updates this year for their off duty gun? Im thinking about picking up a Springfield mod2 for next year.

Unregistered Member
(Login Lane579)

Any updates this year?

No score for this post
September 25 2016, 9:00 AM 

So did anyone have any updates this year for their off duty gun? Im thinking about picking up a Springfield mod2 for next year.

Tony
(Login tm1955)

Off duty pistol

No score for this post
September 25 2016, 10:43 AM 

I use a Springfield EMP in 9mm. It shoots great, though a little hard to hold onto with the short grip on it. But if you concentrate and do what you are supposed to do, this little gun will do it for you. It is amazing how accurate it is.

I did talk with Deb Else, the custom shop coordinator, at the nationals this year. She has asked management to let them build some custom shop Ultra Compacts in 9mm this coming year. She said she doesn't know if the management will allow them to do that or not, just wait until I hear something from her. This Ultra Compact will give you the longer grip length while keeping the barrel within the rules. I am sure it will be expensive coming from the custom shop, but in my opinion well worth it. The new EMP 4 unfortunately has to long of a barrel to qualify though it has the longer grip length that feels so good to shoot. And I am told by Deb NOT to put my original EMP slide and barrel on the frame of the EMP 4, and the custom shop won't modify my two pistols for me.

Another shooter was/is using a Kimber Micro Compact? in 9mm and did very well with that. It had a longer grip length to it that might be more comfortable to shoot. And you might be able to find one of those around. I have been checking for the Springfield Ultra Compact and the only ones around are in 45ACP.

So if any one has a Springfield custom shop Ultra Compact in 9mm, I am interested in buying it.
my email address is: tonyjmiller@frontiernet.net

Thanks.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement