<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

686 gunsmiths

May 7 2016 at 11:06 PM
No score for this post
Kris   (Login nwoppc)

Who would be the best pistols smith to service my 686

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
JPE
(Login JPE0392)

Re: 686 gunsmiths

No score for this post
May 8 2016, 1:58 AM 

What exactly do you mean by service? Where are you located?

Tony
(Login tm1955)

Gunsmith for your revolver

No score for this post
May 8 2016, 7:19 PM 

Kris, if I remember correctly from other posts, you are in Canada, right? So any advice I could give you is null and void if this is true. There is only one gunsmith to send your 686 to, and that is Joe Leinenger who operates The Brush Creek Ltd., also know as MOJO. His website is: thebrushcreekltd.com and his number is 248-867-8685. If you are in Canada, then this won't help you a bit I don't think. Good luck.

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

Re: Gunsmith for your revolver

No score for this post
May 11 2016, 10:20 AM 

Yep I'm in Canada
Will see if I can ship it to him for a service I think it needs to be checked over its had over 6000 rds thru it in 3 years
I bought it used so just need it checked over

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

No score for this post
May 20 2016, 11:44 PM 

Had it checked out by a smith last Saturday at a match
All good timing is good just needed a good cleaning that it got the day before
Took the Lewis to it and shot a personal best 1200 match score in open and shot a personal best with the distinguished revolver also and the stock 686 was fine too

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

Score getting better

No score for this post
July 23 2016, 12:18 AM 

Shot 2 personal bests at provincial and national matches a couple weeks ago

Unregistered Member
(Login JPE0392)

No score for this post
July 27 2016, 8:00 PM 

Tony, MOJO the Only gunsmith to send a gun to (REALLY?) Joe does good work but he is not the only one!

Unregistered Member
(Login BradJH)

No score for this post
July 26 2016, 6:19 PM 

If it's working, leave it alone.

Any revolver work can easily be sent to Murray Charlton, in Brentwood Bay, BC. His old company MDCharlton is owned by others, not Murray. I'm told Murray still does wheel gun work. He's been doing it since he was an instructor in Depot, 1975ish.

Very good guy too. And excellent shooter. So if he tells you something, listen.

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

No score for this post
July 27 2016, 12:14 AM 

Thx he's gonna do my front sight on my distinguished 686 for me
Didn't know he taught at depot that's cool

BradJH
(Login BradJH)

No score for this post
July 27 2016, 3:07 PM 

Murray still attends the odd match on the Island, if not to come and visit.

Started his company Spike Block which turned into MDCharlton. Many matches have been won with his guns.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement