<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP CHANGES

May 31 2016 at 1:26 AM
No score for this post
JPE  (Login JPEASON)

2015 was the beginning of change at the PPC National Police Shooting Championships. For several years competitors had voiced concerns including, wait time between relays, certain guns being included in aggregate matches, proposal to eliminate all revolver competition ,unfired team matches, elimination of World team matches, inclusion of TPC Championship, just to name a few. The frustration came to a head at the 2015 competitors meeting outlining the above concerns. Thankfully the NRA Law Enforcement Assistance Committee Chairman Bill Allen and Vice Chairman Dwight Van Horn were in attendance and asked and fielded many questions and took notes. At the NRA annual meeting Bill Allen and Dwight Van Horn presented competitor concerns to Management and committee members in attendance. These concerns and possible solutions were also presented by Border Patrol National Champions Robert Vadasz and Mike Tangas. The NRA response was positive and a Task Force was formed including the aforementioned individuals along with Philip Hemphill and Cathy Schroeder all past or present PPC competitors and National Champions as well, each awarded multiple Championships. The Task Force represents the competitors concerns and will continue to improve the Integrity of these Championships and return them to the prestigious event it had been for so many decades. The only weak link in this chain of improvement is a need for more competitors in attendance. Please show your support for this Task Force and its efforts to improve these National Championships. If you’ve ever considered attending, 2016 will include many positive changes so make plans to attend, and bring as many team mates as you can and enjoy the greatest Law Enforcement shooting Championship in the World. I heard someone say they thought PPC shooting was dying; it can only die if we allow it! Let’s prove the naysayers wrong. Make your plans NOW!!!!! Jerry P. Eason

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Unregistered Member
(Login JIMPGOV)

Re: 2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP CHANGES

No score for this post
May 31 2016, 9:29 AM 

OK JERRY I'LL TRY IT ONCE MORE. JP

JPE
(Login JPEASON)

Re: 2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP CHANGES

No score for this post
May 31 2016, 10:04 AM 

Thanks Jim,there will again be a competitors meeting at NPSC. Plan on attending this as well and bring any concerns you may have up at that time. Apparently NRA upper management was unaware of the issues brought up and when they were made aware they responded . They want these championships run well and LE competitors satisfied at its conclusion. JPE

JB
(Login x-cop)

PPC Dying

No score for this post
June 1 2016, 11:55 AM 

That was(unfortunately)me and my "opinion". It is on its very last leg here(St.Louis) and waiting for the last nail to be put in. I hope I am just a pessimist and completely wrong. Just recently our season started up and we were fortunate enough to have use of the STLPD range through some diligent efforts of some officers working at the academy. I think we had about 4-5(could be wrong)show up with two "new" participants. Every year now we see dwindling participation with no new interest(young officers) from an area with many muni departments including St. Louis County and the city. This year I sadly missed the Memphis Regional(1st time in about 40+ years)due to financial reasons. My understanding only 2 from our area showed up to compete. If this is an example of what is happening then I have little hope for an insurgence.
I hope you are 100% correct and prove the naysayers wrong like myself. I hope I am wrong, but right now doesn't look good. We continue to hunt for and promote the discipline and our league, looking for that light at the end of the tunnel.
Again I commend those efforts of the people working for and trying to improve conditions at the Nationals and keep PPC alive and well, and hope for the best.
Stay safe

JPE
(Login JPEASON)

PPC

No score for this post
June 8 2016, 11:57 AM 

Your comments are understandable. Many of us share your frustration with the lack of concern for LE firearm proficiency. Many Departments today don't stress the need for well placed shots, but more on multiple shots quickly. Many agency's have removed the barricades from qualifications as they don't qualify beyond 10 to 15 yards as most stats show shoot outs occur at closer distances. God help them beyond that as many barely qualify at close distances, but they can shoot "really fast" like in the movies. My hope is that LE will again see the benefit of accurate shooting and stress it's importance for public and officer safety. Kinda like when all car manufacturers stopped making convertibles suddenly everyone wanted one. So be hopeful of an awakening to the benefits of PPC shooting. JPE

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement