<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

TPC

June 27 2016 at 11:22 AM
No score for this post
JR  (Login 6xcshooter)

I understand that they will not be holding the Championship TPC competition this year when we have the PPC Nationals but does anyone know if the local club will be holding a TPC match in its place??

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
toddcfii
(Login toddcfii)

TPC cancellation reason

No score for this post
June 27 2016, 5:00 PM 

Anyone know why they cancelled the TPC that was going to be the weekend before NPSC? I was looking forward to it and do not see how it interfered with the NPSC.

Rick
(Login VAPPCTPC)

TPC

No score for this post
June 29 2016, 6:54 AM 

The following does not answer the question "why" the TPC Match is not being held at the NPSC.

"The Law Enforcement Assistance Committee approved the following recommendations;
1. The NRA Tactical Police Competition be relocated to another host location and will not be conducted during the dates that NPSC is held."

The following link (cut and paste)is the NPSC 2016 Program Changes as posted on the NRA Website.

http://npsc.nra.org/documents/pdf/law/competitions/npsc/2016-task-force.pdf

Tony
(Login tm1955)

Re: TPC

No score for this post
July 3 2016, 3:05 PM 

The Albuquerque Regional match still shows that they will be hosting a 3 gun match, just before the Nationals.

From last years competitors meeting there was an overwhelming request from PPC competitors to NOT HAVE the TPC tagged onto the National Police Shooting Championships. A lot of us ppc competitors felt certain people in the NRA were promoting the TPC more than the PPC.

I personally feel that they (NRA) were also putting the costs of putting on the TPC on the back of the Nationals, resulting in them proclaiming the Nationals lose so much money and cutting back on matches. With that being said, I hope that everyone will come out to the Nationals and support the National Police Shooting Championships like they once were, and like we need to do.

toddcfii
(Login toddcfii)

a dissenting opinion

No score for this post
July 6 2016, 4:37 PM 

Tony:

Thanks for the reply. That makes sense. I don't want the NPSC to fund the TPC either. Too bad though because I liked doing the TPC and the NPSC. Last year was my first year at both. They were both fun but the NPSC was why I was really there. I borrowed long guns and enjoyed the semi-auto so much that I bought one to use at this year's TPC..... Guess what another gun that I bought and can't use. In addition to the Production pistol I bought and had work done on. I think we ought to never cancel events as it leaves a bad taste in people's mouths. NRA did last year when they told us to only shoot revolver or auto and this year we asked to have it done to us - TPC cancelled and Production or Stock auto cancelled. Am I the only one who feels this way. If so I am a curmudgeon.

Todd

Unregistered Member
(Login KAC49)

Re: a dissenting opinion

No score for this post
July 6 2016, 5:53 PM 

Todd, it looks like you can either sign up for the Stock Semi-Auto OR the Production Semi-Auto, but not both. I wish I could use my PPC9 5" for the Stock Semi-Auto.

Al

Todd
(Login toddcfii)

Re: a dissenting opinion

No score for this post
July 6 2016, 7:52 PM 

You are right. Just like I could use my stock auto or stock revolver and my open auto or open revolver last year. Sometimes a choice is not a choice.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement