<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Front sight height

July 23 2016 at 12:04 AM
No score for this post
Kris   (Login nwoppc)

What sight blade should I get for my distinguished 686?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
JB
(Login x-cop)

Front sight

No score for this post
July 23 2016, 3:47 PM 

Depending on height of your rear blade what you will use.
My rear blade is .146 and front sight is .224. I can neck shoot at 50 and 25 with this.
Someone else might have a different set up on theirs. You will need to measure the rear sight height and go from there.
What you can do is use the .146 rear blade and if you can get the front blade for an N frame revolver(highest you can get), then fit it and adjust height so you can neck shoot at 25,and 50 if you so desire and still shoot point of aim at 7 and 15. Just be careful when you cut the height, keep the top flat and level and do a little at a time. You can always take a little off at a time, but wont be able to put it back on.
Hope this helps.

Unregistered Member
(Login BradJH)

Re: Front sight

No score for this post
July 26 2016, 6:17 PM 

If it's working, leave it alone.

Any revolver work can easily be sent to Murray Charlton, in Brentwood Bay, BC. His old company MDCharlton is owned by others, not Murray. I'm told Murray still does wheel gun work. He's been doing it since he was an instructor in Depot, 1975ish.

Very good guy too. And excellent shooter. So if he tells you something, listen.

Unregistered Member
(Login BradJH)

No score for this post
July 26 2016, 6:19 PM 

Sorry meant this for your other post.

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

No score for this post
July 27 2016, 12:15 AM 

He's gonna work on my stock 686

JPE0392
(Login JPE0392)

tankster

No score for this post
July 30 2016, 5:37 PM 

Caution front ramps on S&W Mdl. 686,586,14,have several ramp heights. What works on one gun may not work on another. S&W has a front sight that is approx. .330 tall, like the ramps they very In height. They used to have a rear sight that was .213 .last time I tried to order they said they no longer offered them ,so ask for it by size and talk to the custom shop. They do offer a RS that is.160. Due to front ramp height you may not find a combination that will shoot point of aim at 7&15 yards and neck hold at 25&50 yards. JP

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

Re: tankster

No score for this post
July 31 2016, 9:05 PM 

K will be checking on the heights

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

Re: tankster

No score for this post
August 15 2016, 2:45 PM 

Murray Charlton is going to out my new sight on for me

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement