<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Reloading should I? Cost?

September 7 2016 at 10:37 PM
No score for this post
toddcfii  (Login toddcfii)

I am considering reloading for PPC. 9mm and 38 spl. Maybe 45 ACP eventually. What press and equipment should I get? How much will it cost? How much can I expect to pay per box of 9 mm and 38 for materials - powder, primers and bullets. I can get pretty good 9 mm for $12.50 per box and real good stuff for $14. Pretty good 38 wadcutter for about $16 per box. Is it worth it cost wise or just quality wise? I have been saving 9 and 38 brass. Thanks in advance. T

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Unregistered Member
(Login Hawaii.MIL)

Re: Reloading should I? Cost?

No score for this post
September 9 2016, 2:18 PM 

The Dillon 550 seems to be pretty popular. Ammo sites usually have the load info on them. There is a lot of info available for loads as well.

It'll be quite awhile before I can start reloading.

Costs wise for match grade ammo it saves you money. California just approved a backround check for ammo which I believe will raise the price of ammo. I'm sure other states will follow.

gary
(Login garytja87)

Reloading

No score for this post
September 17 2016, 3:40 PM 

Your components should cost you about $140 if you by them by the 1000. If you already have the brass, it works out to about $7 per 50 rounds. Just make sure you get with someone with experience when you start, because it can be dangerous if you do it wrong.
I shot a 239 - 18X Match 3 with my reloads in a match today. So it can be economical as well as effective.

toddcfii
(Login toddcfii)

Nice shooting!

No score for this post
September 17 2016, 9:22 PM 

Was that at SW regionals? I was there and start NPSC practice tomorrow. Thanks for the reloading info. Very helpful.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement