<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Them Border Patrol people. What do they use?

September 9 2016 at 2:41 AM
No score for this post
Cain  (Login Hawaii.MIL)

This will be my first Regionals and Nationals. Looking at the past years results those Border Patrol people are making top numbers. I was wondering what pistols they use and ammo?

Production, Stock, Distinguished?

Atlanta Arms ammo? AMU?

I've been eyeing the XD mod2 5" for production and stock.

Thanks in advance.

Currently My 50yd looks like a 12G @ 100! EEESH!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Todd
(Login toddcfii)

Not BP

No score for this post
September 9 2016, 2:53 PM 

I am not USBP but met a few of their team members past an present. So here is what I have gleaned: First here is a link:https://www.ssusa.org/articles/2015/12/7/interview-with-2015-npsc-champion-robert-vadasz/
You can search for more. Most of the top guys shoot 1911s or S&W PPC9s for Open and distinguished. I have seen a lot of Springfield 1911s for Service semi and some S&W 952s. Springfield Ultras are popular for off duty. All in 9 mm. Not sure about service revolvers probably a mix of K and L frame S&Ws. Distinguished revolvers tend to be Model 14s with some 586s or 686s. Open Revolvers are from all the good custom shops Mojo and others. Hope this helps.

Todd

Moose
(Login TampaLeo)

Re: Them Border Patrol people. What do they use?

No score for this post
September 11 2016, 2:12 PM 

I know most of the usbp guys pretty well. They all use chromized 1911 5 and 6 inch 9mm guns. They also use Springfield ultra compact and emp for off duty. I know rob Vadasz has an xdm 4.5 barrel for production and would have advised a national record or did score one... Not sure. I strongly believe you can give those guys any customized gun and they will kill the X ring. They use Atlanta arms 9mm 115gr hp as well as federal.

I have an xd mod 2 3.5 inch back up gun and I love. That is a good choice.

Their revolvers are of course Smith and wessons.

Good luck at npsc. A team mate of mine from the Tampa PD team will be there this year.

Shoot tight.

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

No score for this post
January 17 2017, 3:57 PM 

What do they run for open revolvers ?

Moose
(Login TampaLeo)

No score for this post
January 18 2017, 12:33 PM 

Most of them are using Bob Jones custom revolvers. Bob Jones made a bunch of guns years ago for the team and they are still using them. In my opinion the premier builder now for revolvers is Joe leinenger of mojo custom guns. I have a bull barreled 6 inch model 10 I shoot for the revolver open class. Look him up. Hope this helps.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement