<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

NPSC 2016

September 11 2016 at 2:54 PM
No score for this post
JPE  (Login JPE0392)

Well NPSC starts next week Monday Sept.19 2016. It's time to show your support of our sport and those who support us shooters. This is just like voting if you don't do it don't complain about the outcome . Pack up your gear and see you there. JPE

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Unregistered Member
(Login Hawaii.MIL)

Re: NPSC 2016

No score for this post
September 12 2016, 3:17 AM 

Gear is packed 😎

Moose
(Login TampaLeo)

No score for this post
September 12 2016, 7:33 PM 

Good luck. Keep them in the X ring.

Unregistered Member
(Login Lane579)

No score for this post
September 14 2016, 10:55 AM 

Do they check the single action trigger weight on Service Revolver? I didn't shoot it last year because we had to choose Revolver or Semi and just couldn't remember since you don't shoot single action in that match anyway.

toddcfii
(Login toddcfii)

Stock service revolver

No score for this post
September 14 2016, 3:14 PM 

Surprisingly the rules do not specify trigger pull weight for stock service revolver. See here:
http://ppc.nra.org/documents/pdf/law/competitions/rulebook.pdf

Moose
(Login TampaLeo)

No score for this post
September 14 2016, 2:29 PM 

This year there are no more check ins. You will be randomly selected after a match and if it fails your match is thrown out. This is to move the matches among.

Unregistered Member
(Login JIMPGOV)

No score for this post
September 14 2016, 2:53 PM 

JERRY : WE WILL BE ARRIVING ON SATURDAY MID-DAY. SEE YOU THAN. ( EVEN THOUGH I HAVEN'T PULLED A TRIGGER ON A PPC GUN SINCE 2014 ) . JP

Moose
(Login TampaLeo)

No score for this post
September 22 2016, 9:26 AM 

Does anyone have the results yet? For every class? I know vadasz won his 8th title. Congrats to Robert.

JPE
(Login JPE0392)

NPSC 2016

No score for this post
September 26 2016, 12:04 PM 

Just returned from NPSC with my new 2016 PPC rule book. Trigger weight listed for open and Distinguished revolver are 2.5 pounds in single action mode (if capable) of single action. Although not listed the service 4" revolver and off duty revolver apparently have to be 2.5 pounds as well. This according to those having been through the random inspections at NPSC. When ever I set up a revolver for competition I make sure they lift 2.5 pounds. Even though not listed I believe all revolvers must lift 2.5 pounds (if capable) of single action, and all semi autos must lift 3.5 pounds when in single action mode. Additionally the rule for open and distinguished revolvers state (If the trigger is capable of single action it must be capable of lifting 2.5 pounds when cocked for single action firing.)Rules 3.2 and 3.4 2016 rule book. JPE

Unregistered Member
(Login Lane579)

No score for this post
September 26 2016, 1:50 PM 

Same here JPE. I recently picked up an old model 19 that supposedly was an issued piece at the PD I work for and I'm the 4th owner since the transition. Besides the nostalgic value to me...it shoots great but wouldn't lift 2.5 so I replaced the rebound spring just to make sure. They didn't even check service revolvers but better safe than sorry. Shot a 474 which is a personal best for me in that match but I'm still unclassified for service revolver. Shot personal bests in Open Revolver and Open Semi-auto so I can't complain. I'd really like to pick up a 6" open semi-auto one of these days! Right now I'm shooting my 5" Les Baer for everything semi-auto and I'm firmly entrenched in the Sharpshooter 1500 pool! But how'd everybody else do?

JPE
(Login JPE0392)

NPSC 2016

No score for this post
September 26 2016, 5:32 PM 

Lane579 congrats good shooting sounds like you won't be in the lower classes for long. The random inspections are good and bad. Previously if you failed inspection and time allowed you could get it repaired or borrow another gun and continue. Now if after shooting you fail inspection you are disqualified for that match. I like the time savings but a shooter needs to be sure his gun passes inspection. By the way a 474 service revolver score is a great score! Good job! JPE

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement