<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

45 service revolver

November 5 2016 at 8:33 PM
No score for this post
dan38ppc  (Login dan38ppc)

hi ppc shooters,
as you know, if you shoot a service auto, the bullet must be 35 caliber or larger.that is very nice to shoot a 45 caliber bullet, may get you a few more points over a 9mm. not looking to get into a recoil conversation.
now there are a number of 45 wheel guns out there, with 4" barrels, what would be wrong with having the service revolver opened to 35 caliber or larger, just like the auto? your thoughts on this? thanks.....dan

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
JB
(Login x-cop)

45 servfice revolver

No score for this post
November 6 2016, 6:34 PM 

Dan, unless I am wrong if you wish to use anything from .32 cal on up you can do so. Therefore the use of a .45 revolver would be legal.

JPE
(Login JPEASON)

DISTINGUISHED REVOLVER

No score for this post
November 6 2016, 11:35 PM 

As of now rule states must chamber and fire 38 special ammunition. Ammo can be either round nose or semi wad cutter new or reload. I will be surprised if the Competitor 686 is allowed for Distinguished. JPE

Unregistered Member
(Login mopper72)

Re: 45 service revolver

No score for this post
November 7 2016, 2:15 AM 

NRA RuleBook:

"3.4 Distinguished Revolver:
A factory manufactured (catalog item) revolver capable of chambering and firing .38 Special ammunition."

Not smaller.
Not larger.

dan38ppc
(Login dan38ppc)

service revolver

No score for this post
November 7 2016, 6:57 AM 

hi folks,
looks like we are going off the path here. we are talking about the service revolver gun, which must chamber a 38 caliber round, and the barrel not be longer than 4". all i'm saying, is open the service revolver class, to include any revolver 38 caliber or larger, with a barrel no longer than 4". that was my thought....dan

JB
(Login x-cop)

Service revolver

No score for this post
November 7 2016, 10:34 AM 

Yes, appears they are possibly, mixing the Distinguish Match with service/duty revolver match. This match limited to 4" or below bbl. I was wrong here,
3.6 Stock Service Revolver: A factory
manufactured (catalog item) revolver capable of
chambering and firing ".38 Special" ammunition.
Allowed:
1. Barrel length up to 4 inches.
2. The front sight being a ramp or post as sold
by the manufacturer of the firearm.
3. Replacement of service type sights with
other service type sights, luminescent
service sights, or fiber optic service sights,
provided such sights do not require
alteration of the firearm for installation.
4. Chamfered cylinders.
.38 special ammo only.
However-Open Revolver match
Open Class Revolver: A revolver chambered to
fire center-fire cartridges "_32 Caliber or larger"
the trigger is capable of single action it must be
capable of lifting 2.5 pounds when the gun is
cocked for single action firing.
Allowed:
1. Maximum barrel length of 6 inches.
2. Maximum sight radius 8.5 inches.
3. Sight guards may not extend rearward more
than 2 inches.
So, if you wanted to use a .45 in the open revolver should be no problem.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement