<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Winchester AA Plus powder.

November 23 2016 at 4:24 PM
No score for this post
Hatman1793  (Login Hatman1793)

Many years ago when we had a major powder drought. Trying to tap my so-called friends to at least give me some to weather the storm proved fruitless. Very disappointing. (now referred to as frenemies, but I digress)

A real friend & I discovered a small cashe of Winchester ball powder called AA Plus. I have still not found any loading data for AA Plus and I have ancient reloading books.

Anyone try/use this powder? Comments?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
JB
(Login x-cop)

Winchester AA Plus(WAAP)

No score for this post
November 24 2016, 12:58 PM 

Found this on a reloading site, not my personal use.

I found Win AA Plus to be a good powder for .38spl Wadcutter loads. Very accurate and good load density (bulkier than other similar fast burning powders)

Use the same data as for the old Hod. Trap100 and Win452-AA. The AA+ was intended to replace the AA452, but as JW said, it was not popular with scattergunners who have gravitated to WST and Clays as powders of choice. WST is slightly less bulky and very similar in burn rate/applications.

In any case, it should not be confused with Win Act. Pistol (WAP), WAP is much slower burner. WAP was very similar to WSF, hence they discontinued it (WAP) in order to trim the offerings.

Also, one post that he used the BE data, but reduced it, started low and worked up with a chrono.

There are plenty loads for shotgun shells, what this was primarily intended for.

Hope this helps

Also, might contact Winchester for add. info.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement