<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Calcium carbide powder

December 30 2016 at 10:41 PM
No score for this post
Hatman1793  (Login Hatman1793)

Okay so most PPC shooters use calcium carbide rocks mixed with a little water to create the flame to "smoke " their sights. There are other methods too.
Unfortunately, over time it seems that calcium carbide rocks break down into powder, regardless of the container being sealed.
My question is: can you employ equal amounts of calcium carbide powder in your smoker to create the flame? Or must you use the rocks?
Thanks....

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Andrew
(Login spEKTre)

Re: Calcium carbide powder

No score for this post
December 31 2016, 1:20 AM 

The powder does still give off gas but it seems to clog up my Ray-Vin smoker quicker than just the rocks. I've found that if your container has a rubber seal then it will last indefinitely, if your relying on just a plastic to plastic seal then the rocks do break down over time. So yes the powder does still give off gas but not as good as the rocks alone.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement