<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Alliant Bullseye Availability

January 2 2017 at 3:13 AM
No score for this post
Andrew  (Login spEKTre)

Just a quick question to any Aussies in here, have you seen any Bullseye Powder floating around in dealers shops ? I did hear that it was scarce 12 months ago here but I had enough to last a while...that while is now running out.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Tony
(Login tonyk1960)

Bullseye

No score for this post
January 2 2017, 4:15 AM 

Hi Andrew, don't bother looking in Qld. If you can swap get some N310 or N320. I'm using mine extremely sparingly, only using of comps if possible. I did manage to grab some WST from Cleavers late last year but other than that, use what you can get.

cheers

Andrew
(Login spEKTre)

Re: Bullseye

No score for this post
January 2 2017, 8:03 AM 

Tony
Thanks for your advice mate, I got lucky a year back with an old steel tin of WST from a guy here in Gosnells who forgot he had it. Even though it was probably 10+ years old its still perfect. Have you tried AS30N as a replacement for your 2.1gr Bullseye load ? I like it but its coarse and doesn't meter as well as Bullseye but its so clean and consistent, some old timer at my club states its the most consistent FPS powder you can use.

JB
(Login x-cop)

Bullseye

No score for this post
January 2 2017, 2:02 PM 

The closest powder I have found to BE is Noble Sport Vecton BA10, if you can get this.Loads are almost same as the BE,except it is actually little faster burn rate. Really have to be careful about doubling up. Meters very good thru a Dillon powder measure and does not seem to stack at all. Just a thought.

Unregistered Member
(Login Irish-PPC)

No score for this post
January 2 2017, 4:14 PM 

How would you rate this compared to N310? I've been told vectan will be the main powder available here in the longer term as its classified differently for transport due to the low melt point of the packaging.

JB
(Login x-cop)

Bullseye

No score for this post
January 2 2017, 4:41 PM 

Irish,
I do not think it is "as good" as the 310 but, I think If you work with it can get some good results. One nice thing sure aint as pricy as the 310. My opinion. I have it and use. You definitely get more bang for the buck, pun intended.

Unregistered Member
(Login Irish-PPC)

No score for this post
January 4 2017, 1:45 PM 

Thanks JB

Pricing here is quite similar at the moment so I might stock up on N310 while I can get it.

We've a holding limit on powder so I'll see how much I can accomodate

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement