<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Rocky Mountain PPC Nationals

January 4 2017 at 5:47 PM
No score for this post
Lane579  (Login Lane579)

Has anyone been to this match at the Whittington Center lately? I'm looking real hard at going this year but it would probably be a choice between this and the Nationals in Albuquerque, not both, just due to expenses. From what I understand you have to shoot in all four days of matches to be eligible for firearm awards. Is the prize table comparable to Albuquerque? And has anyone had their kids do the Border Patrol BB gun shoot? What was that like? Thanks for the info!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
JPE
(Login JPE0392)

Re: Rocky Mountain PPC Nationals

No score for this post
January 18 2017, 11:56 PM 

Attended Raton this year for the first time. It was a great match. You do have to shoot all matches to be eligible for gun awards total aggregate scores pick guns first in each class so total score is important. Like yourself I have always had to choose between Raton and Nationals. I always chose Nationals simply because it was the Nationals. This year I attended both. Had the NRA not made changes for the 2016 Nationals I likely would have only gone to Raton. I understand the BB gun and other matches are a great part of Raton and the Border Patrol does a great job running the match. If you haven't been to the Whittington center you owe it to yourself to go it's amazing, every State should have one like it. Maybe after the swamp is drained there will be more room for ranges. JPE

Unregistered Member
(Login MarcCobb)

tough pick

No score for this post
March 21 2017, 9:17 PM 

When my sons were small we went to Raton every year for about 7 years straight. BP runs a great match with a very relaxing setting. I have not gone in many years, however I doubt anything has changed. As Jerry said the Nationals is the Nationals, but if you are looking to have a vacation, there is fishing and wildlife viewing,elk bears etc. all nearby. NRA had a museum on site along with camp sites , rv parks ,and cabin rentals. Hotels were available in town about a 20 min drive from the range.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement