<< Previous TopicReturn to Index  

Which auto? What's most popular auto?

April 3 2017 at 11:17 PM
No score for this post
twisterst4  (Login twisterst4)

Getting back into PPC shooting, and wanted to know what is everyone shooting as far as auto's go? Thanks for your help, Dave.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Andrew
(Login spEKTre)

Re: Which auto? What's most popular auto?

No score for this post
April 4 2017, 4:20 AM 

If money is no object get a Sig Sauer PPC X Six in 9mm
Mid Range would be an STI Range Master in 9mm
Budget is a CZ 75B Shadow in 9mm

I would be seriously looking at the CZ as out of the box you can't get a pistol that cheap to group at 50 Yards.

JB
(Login x-cop)

Popular Auto

No score for this post
April 4 2017, 10:54 AM 

Check out Accuracy-X website if money no object.

Hatman1793
(Login Hatman1793)

CZ Shadow 2

No score for this post
May 24 2017, 9:32 PM 

If you are employing an auto for open 1200 & 1500 (against revolvers) the STI TargetMaster rules. Second choice is the STI RangeMaster.
Should you not be able to afford either of these fine autos and are seeking the next best, look no further than the superb CZ Shadow2 9mm auto. About C$1278.00, this fine all steel auto outclasses all the competitors.

Twister1969
(Login Twister1969)

Cz tactical sport

No score for this post
May 24 2017, 10:53 PM 

I'm shooting a CZ Tactical Sport in 9mm right now, the gun works very well. STI Targetmaster is no longer available, unless you find one used.

Andrew
(Login spEKTre)

Re: Cz tactical sport

No score for this post
May 25 2017, 4:09 AM 

I've personally seen CZ 75B's shoot out of the box great but if you need something really tight then you have to get a build done professionally, Sig Sauer X Six PPC was designed for the match but I see they are discontinued which really sucks as I was intending on getting one some day. I have a Target Master built by Top Shot Engineering in QLD and it shoots nice but it doesn't look very nice as the paint has come off the front nose cone on all the edges which has disappointed me.

Andrew
(Login spEKTre)

Re: Cz tactical sport

No score for this post
June 6 2017, 8:10 AM 

Had a go on a Shadow last friday and was very impressed, has a real solid feel and is of a decent finish. My only complains were the sights being 3 dot system and not black partridge and the trigger creep. All which can be fixed easily, I shot some of my 9mm ammo through it which grouped very nicely ( about 3" @25y ) but I just remembered the 3rd complaint there is no windage only elevation adjustment and my groups was left and low.

If I had my time over again I would of bought one and done the fixes myself plus put a lighter slide spring in and a Hennings flat trigger instead of paying the 4.5k for a Top Shot Engineering STI custom that I can't shoot anywhere near its accuracy off a sandbag.

[linked image]

Bill
(Login GotADV)

Tactical Sport

No score for this post
October 16 2017, 8:24 PM 

Was wondering if you are having good success with the TS? I'm looking for a auto for the 1500 and not sure I want to get another 1911. I'm sitting a basically stock one, but not sure if I want to stay with a single stack auto. Any info would be great.

Thanks
Bill

Unregistered Member
(Login Twister1969)

Re: Tactical Sport

No score for this post
October 18 2017, 11:20 AM 

I'm having good luck with the TS, I think I'll be sticking with this gun. I load 115 grain bullets to 1100 fps. and get very good accuracy with it. Hope this helps.

<< Previous TopicReturn to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement