<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Accuracy - Federal American Eagle 38 LRN

April 13 2017 at 3:16 AM
No score for this post
Unregistered Member  (Login Irish-PPC)

Hi

I was wondering how accurate federal americal eagle 38's are. Have been tempted to use
where we don't have the facility to reload if travelling.

Thanks in advance

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
ppcgunner
(Login ppcgunner)

Re: Accuracy - Federal American Eagle 38 LRN

No score for this post
April 13 2017, 11:42 AM 

Really anything will be relatively accurate from 25 yards and up. 50 yards is a totally different story. Only factory match or specially hand loaded ammunition will consistently priovide tight groups at 50.

Unregistered Member
(Login KAC49)

Re: Accuracy - Federal American Eagle 38 LRN

No score for this post
April 13 2017, 12:19 PM 

I used American Eagle 38 LRN in my 6" S&W 586 to earn my NRA and California Revolver Distinguished in the early 1990's. At that time it easily held X ring groups from a Ransom Rest at 50 yards. Not to say that Federal has kept the same accuracy in that ammo, but it was some of the best factory Distinguished ammo at the time. The only way you will know is to run some through your handgun.

Bullseye58
(Login Bullseye58)

AE .38

No score for this post
April 14 2017, 3:20 PM 

I agree> the AE (remanufactured Federal) will be fine out to 25 yards, but your 50 yard results will be disappointing. I used American Eagle for many years with requals for my police agency, but only to 25 yards.

Kris
(Login nwoppc)

Re: AE .38

No score for this post
April 15 2017, 5:11 PM 

I ran these but couldn't get them to shoot
Great groups at 50 but a foot high and left
Wound up using them for 25 and in

Jim C
(Login jamesrchapman)

Re: AE .38

No score for this post
April 15 2017, 6:38 PM 

Good for Distinguished revolver, use federal gold medal 148 hbwc for 50 yd matches other than distinguished revolver.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement