<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Bifocals

May 7 2017 at 10:30 PM
No score for this post
Ken  (Login kcechols)

I am a new shooter to ppc. I wear bifocals but this poses a problem. I would welcome any suggestions. How do you focus on the front sight and obtain your aiming point on target. Thanks

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Unregistered Member
(Login KAC49)

Re: Bifocals

No score for this post
May 8 2017, 12:26 AM 

The way I do it is:
1. Find an eye doctor who isn't afraid of guns.
2. Have him find what prescription will let you see the front sight clearly, roughly about 6" in front of your fist.
3. Have that prescription put in the lens for your dominant eye. The other lens will be the distance prescription.

Now, how to make it work. Really no different from shooting when you don't need correction. Look at the target, with both eyes open, your brain will pick the eye that sees it clearly. Transition to the dominant eye, the target will turn into an out of focus blob. As you make the transition, note how your desired aiming point changes. You should be able to pick out that point, even though it has changed. Hold the sharp and clear front sight there, align the rear with it and all will be good. It actually works very well, you will find it nearly impossible to go from front sight to target and back, which usually has you focusing on some point in between the front sight and the target.

Hatman1793
(Login Hatman1793)

Go cold turkey!

No score for this post
May 24 2017, 9:26 PM 

I'm sure many shooters are in the same position. Front sight or rear sight, or target?
My solution was to abandon my glasses altogether. I obtained a clear lens. I can see clearly the front sight, the target is blurry, but the trade-off works. I can see the front sight clearly and that is paramount! Use your best eye to view the target, focus on the front sight and visualize the line that cuts the target in half.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement