<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Untitled

May 21 2017 at 10:06 PM
No score for this post
Dan Wesson revolver for PPC  (Login twisterst4)

I'm looking at a Dan Wesson model 715 for use in PPC, and wanted to know if anyone else is using one? Also, if anyone has any suggestions for a gunsmith to do do an action job and chamfer the cylinder. Thanks for your help, Dave.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Andrew
(Login spEKTre)

Re: Untitled

No score for this post
May 22 2017, 5:51 PM 

I'm only a B grade shooter but the advice given to me by a long time competitive pistol shooter was this...forget all other revolvers that are not Smith and Wesson. This advice has held so true over the years, I have seen guys with Dan's, Rugers, Taurus and Chiappa's who all sold them for Smiths in the end.

PS: Caveat is if its a Korth or Manuhrin which are better off the shelf guns.

Jim Chapman
(Login jamesrchapman)

No score for this post
May 22 2017, 9:16 PM 

Well, It's an interesting proposition.
Some things to think about. If your going to compete with the big boys in PPC, you'll need a heavy barrel revolver with a 6-7# DA trigger. An Aristocrat rib to finish it off.

You would need to spend the $1000 for that gun, probably another $1500 to get it competitive.

vs a used smith 64/65 gunsmithed to what you need.

If your talking distinguished, might be interesting.
I have no idea how you lighten the DA trigger on one. I believe they use coil springs.

if you do, let us know how it works out....

Jim Chapman
(Login jamesrchapman)

No score for this post
May 22 2017, 9:19 PM 

also, you might contact Joe Leininger in Michigan about what it would take to make it good.

http://brushcreekltd.homestead.com/PPCGuns.htm

Unregistered Member
(Login twisterst4)

Dan Wesson revolver.

No score for this post
May 22 2017, 9:40 PM 

Jim, thanks for the info. I contacted Joe in Michigan, he didn't want to work on it. I have a 586 at Jim's now, waiting to get it back. In the mean time, I decided to mess around with this Dan Wesson.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement