<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Guns for sale

August 2 2017 at 9:01 PM
No score for this post
JB  (Login x-cop)

2 model 686's one 4" and one 2" set up for competition ready to go. For more information If interested you can contact him at maddog5175@sbcglobal.net

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ken
(Login kechols)

Revolvers

No score for this post
August 4 2017, 5:27 PM 

Can't get email to deliver. Can u email me at kechols @argolink.net please.

JB
(Login x-cop)

Revolver

No score for this post
August 5 2017, 9:13 PM 

Sorry he sold them already.

Ken
(Login kechols)

Re: Guns for sale

No score for this post
August 5 2017, 9:27 PM 

HEY JB. YOU KNOW ANYONE THAT HAS A SPRINGFIELD PPC AUTO FOR SALE

JB
(Login x-cop)

Guns for sale

No score for this post
August 6 2017, 12:08 PM 

Sorry,no one in our crowd has one. Might check with Joe Leininger Mojo Custom Guns

Search Results
Mojo Custom Guns - Home | Facebook ( Brush Creek LTD. Home of Mojo Custom Guns!)or have him build you one. The Springfield RO 9mm (one we machine tested)out of box shot a 3" group @50 yards.Cant say they will all do that, but a good start. Just a suggestion.
Mojo Custom Guns - Home | Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Mojo-Custom-Guns-Mojo Custom Guns, Hartland, Michigan. Custom built revolvers and pistols.

Unregistered Member
(Login jamesrchapman)

No score for this post
August 11 2017, 8:32 PM 

Robert
(Login rminut)

No score for this post
August 11 2017, 10:47 PM 

Jack,
what ammo was used to get a 3" group? Factory or handloads. Thanks.

JB
(Login x-cop)

Loads for RO

No score for this post
August 12 2017, 11:59 AM 

We used WW 115 jhp factory. one of my handloads WW 115 JHP, over 4.2 grains CFE seated 1.40 oal crimped to .377 at mouth. I "think" some Remington factory 115 jhp too. Shot some Zeroes 115 JHP, but didn't shoot as tight as the WW. This was a new out of box gun and not broken in. Again this from a ransom rest. For an out of box gun did really well for a start.
I had a Targetmaster 6" bbl, when I first got it used wouldn't hold 6-7 inches at 50 from a rest. Sent it back twice, slide and bbl replaced and got it shooting 3 1/2"- 3" groups at the 50 with handloads. Their customer service with me was great. I think first thing to do with those is replace the bbl. Shame, nice gun otherwise. Oh, one other thing with those the front sight too narrow for PPC, had a machinist make me one. They like to be run "wet" also, I found out.

Robert
(Login rminut)

Re: Loads for RO

No score for this post
August 12 2017, 5:34 PM 

Thanks for the info. btw, I received my Remington 148's. thanks.

you probably know more people using 9mm in RO 1911's than I do, have you noticed them to have a faster rate of loosening up compared to a 45acp 1911?? My gunsmith noticed a SA range officer in 9mm that he did a trigger job on and redid the barrel bushing and installed a bigger slide stop pin to tighten things up has loosened back up in maybe 1000 rounds at most. He started with a factory fresh gun and didn't really do much but to have it loosen up kind of surprised him. He has a full custom built one on Caspian parts and it has not moved since building it after over a thousand rounds. The one he built for me hasn't loosened up but I don't shoot it much.
Just wondering if anyone has seen this in SA 9mm's. thanks.

Jim C
(Login jamesrchapman)

No score for this post
August 14 2017, 9:46 PM 

FYI

AMU is now using 1-18 twist barrels.

JB
(Login x-cop)

Loads for RO

No score for this post
August 14 2017, 9:47 PM 

Everyone I know that is shooting PPC using S.A.9mm types. With what you describe on the RO sounds like "soft" material. Should not have loosened up in that short of time. Something not right. Depends on loads too that are going thru it. Shooting a steady diet of defense hot loads will definitely loosen um up. 9mils by nature maybe a little sharper recoil than a .45, and maybe even shoot softer, again depending on loads. Some don't like a load unless it leaves a small mushroom cloud and recoils out of their hands and shoot them for practice. Dirty Harry syndrome.

Robert
(Login rminut)

No score for this post
August 15 2017, 10:23 AM 

Soft material is what it sounds like to me also. This was used for nothing but bullseye matches, both NRA and CMP. Almost exclusively 115 XTP bullets and Bullseye powder. Certainly not hot loads and especially not defense loadings. That is why we are confused, seems like it should last longer with the soft loads. thanks.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement