<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Question for Action Shooters ( Bianchi Cup or 1920 )

October 11 2017 at 3:19 AM
No score for this post
Andrew  (Login spEKTre)

I am new to Action Match and nobody will answer this question without a smirk or weird look on their face. How many rounds can I shoot in a single stage ? if I have a 7 shot revolver and miss a plate for example can I just rotate the cylinder again and shoot the spare round ? is this not strictly in the rules but considered bad protocol ? I am missing something here as the rules as far as I have read them don't cover this.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Unregistered Member
(Login mopper72)

Re: Question for Action Shooters ( Bianchi Cup or 1920 )

No score for this post
October 11 2017, 6:42 AM 

Rulebook, for example:

Penalties:
A penalty of 10 points will be charged for... each round fired over the designated number...

Unregistered Member
(Login Twister1969)

Re: Question for Action Shooters ( Bianchi Cup or 1920 )

No score for this post
October 11 2017, 10:45 PM 

The initial range command is "With 6 rounds, load and make ready", however there are people saying that they are shooting 7 shot L frame revolvers in case they have a light strike on one round.Hopefully someone else will weigh in on this. Good luck, Dave.

Tony Kent
(Login tonyk1960)

Action Pistol

No score for this post
October 12 2017, 2:35 AM 

Six rounds only mate, if you had a magazine then fill it up BUT only fire six. Seven shot revolvers, load it up BUT only fire six. If you have a light strike, as long as you only fire six then it's OK to keep going. You must fire one shot at each plate for example, missing and having another go is not on. Otherwise Carol will hit you with a stick wink.gif

Andrew
(Login spEKTre)

Re: Action Pistol

No score for this post
October 13 2017, 4:19 AM 

Tony
Thanks for that mate, I know it sounds naive but I was struggling to get around it. When I asked Oscar he said with a whimsical look on his face 6+1 you know the other number. But that was for auto, I had some sequential light strikes last time I shot metallic and just didn't know what to do. The RO asked me if I has a 5 shot revolver happy.gif

Tony Kent
(Login tonyk1960)

Action pistol

No score for this post
October 13 2017, 5:48 PM 

All good Andrew. When I used to shoot it in the dim dark past....early 90's. I always shot with 7 rounds in the magazine, that way the fist and last shot felt exactly the same. Because you run a hot range you were always assured that there was one under the hammer when you started and finished.

The only load command you will get is "load and holster"

I can't remember ever seeing a 7 shot revolver back then, I don't know if they even existed so we were very fussy with what we fed our guns. Are you getting light strikes with the WA gun also? try this ammo in that gun and visa versa. I know we spoke of double seating the primers a while back, it's a good routine to get into for all of your matches.

keep us informed.

good luck

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement