<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Grip Maker in Australia

October 22 2017 at 7:42 PM
No score for this post
Andrew  (Login spEKTre)

Guys I was wondering if anyone here knows the details of the guy who makes the pistol grips from a photocopy of your hand here in Australia ? Best grips anywhere in the world IMO.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Tony Kent
(Login tonyk1960)

Grip maker

No score for this post
October 23 2017, 2:39 AM 

Hey Andrew, I have a faint recollection of who you mean but can't put the name to it. Sergei in Melbourne does make grips, that's why he was brought here prior to the 2000 Olympics to make them for the Aus
team. Lot's of $$ though, lot's and time as he will want you there for a week or so for fitting. I don't know if he does anything other than ISSF grips.

But if you want a set of grips that I think are just as good, considering I have paid for my wife to have there made over the years then I would go to Barry Cameron from Blacktown pistol club in Sydney. Great grips and at a considerable saving. You will still need a fitting as anyone can only do so much from an outline drawing (or photocopy), but he is good. He just needs to know what it is going on to and an outline of your hand.

I don't have his number here at home but I can get it tomorrow from work.

if it's for your WA gun then you know that Hogues are the best???? Now that's a debate in itself.

cheers

Andrew
(Login spEKTre)

Re: Grip maker

No score for this post
October 23 2017, 7:08 AM 

Tony
Once again mate thanks for your help, I went and took the action grip off my 1500 revolver and put a hogue on. It was like holding the slippery end of a grease gun, this 32mm barrel is too heavy for a smaller grip mate. I heard the guy who does the photocopy grips is called simspon or simmo from SA. I will definitely chase up Barry Cameron and see what he can do.

Tony Kent
(Login tonyk1960)

Grip maker

No score for this post
October 24 2017, 5:52 AM 

Andrew, I have made a couple of enquiries. Not many people know of anyone in SA but will keep looking for me.

in the meantime, from a friend of mine.

Don’t know of anyone in SA, but I know that Slater Grips in NSW make grips and I believe he does Action Grips for Revolvers.

Chris and I, some years ago had him make us three Revolver grips and it was all done from a photocopy of our hand and answering several questions. Unfortunately this bloke is an old fellow who does not have email and all correspondence was done through Australia Post. From memory he only takes payment from Money Orders. A pain I know, but we are both happy with the grips we received.

I have looked, but can’t find his address or contact details, but Dave BARTLETT would have them as he deals with him all the time and it was Dave who referred Chris and I onto him.

Andrew
(Login spEKTre)

Re: Grip maker

No score for this post
October 25 2017, 3:24 AM 

Tony
Slater is the guy, can you forward any nfo from Dave to plinker@bigpond.com please mate? I need to get 2 made. Thanks again for your help Tony its very much appreciated.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement