<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Ransom Rest Query

November 12 2017 at 1:29 PM
No score for this post
Unregistered Member  (Login Irish-PPC)

Further to my previous post about loads for accuracy I've been planning on working up some loads.

The slight issue we have is my club has modified the firing points and covered them in artificial grass
and therefore there's nowhere to bolt a frame for the rest.

Does anyone have any other ideas of a best strategy to stabilise the rest as I'm not allowed to pour a concrete pad.
My plan had been to make an angle iron frame that I can clamp the 1" ply the rest is mounted on to. I'd slide 5-6 30" concrete
paving slabs as a weight to hold it in place. Do you think this would be sufficient or has anyone used any other strategies to
overcome a similar scenario.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
JB
(Login x-cop)

Ransom rest query

No score for this post
November 12 2017, 10:14 PM 

We took a steel post about 3-4 inch in diameter and about 5 foot long, welded a rectangular plate large enough to put the rest on it, about half inch thick. Dug hole and concreted or drive it into the ground(depth your choice).You can drill holes in plate to mount rest with bolts or use C clamps. Very stable. Hope this helps

Unregistered Member
(Login Irish-PPC)

Re: Ransom rest query

No score for this post
November 13 2017, 4:30 PM 

Thant sounds like the ideal setup, really stable.

At the moment I'm not allowed to add a post or concrete so have to find a temporary solution that is
removable. I'd thought of making a metal frame from 2" angle iron that the 1" ply the rest is screwed to can be clamped to.
I'd weigh this down with around 6 24" square concrete paving slabs.

Do you think this would be sufficient? Would be around 550-600 lbs of weight in the slabs

JB
(Login x-cop)

Ransom Rest query

No score for this post
November 13 2017, 6:19 PM 

That would prob work as long as bench does not wobble or move from any recoil. How about you use some U shaped spikes or similar anchor method that you place on the corners or sides? They can be removable when you are done and maybe wont need the concrete slabs. Just a thought

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement