<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Go back to the Main Page  

Pic help & Landscape ideas?

May 11 2011 at 11:19 AM
patiann  (no login)

Hi,
Gonna try and put a pic of the front and rear of the fixer upper , so you all can see.
I really need ideas for the front of the house!
Starting with a bulldozer! LOL
I have to have a wheelchair ramp..
I want to have peonies, and a flowering cherry tree, or similar. I also love lilacs ( but canplant some of those in the huge backyard along the fence.)
the backyard is huge and wide open. theres a weird little summer house sorts thing that connects to the back of the house..I need a ramp back there too, and want a deck..but Johns working on it in his head, to be able to save the little shed. As it is right now, I can't get in the house with the steps!
Please send ideas for shrubbery! and etc!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Judith KY
(no login)

Re: Pic help & Landscape ideas?

May 11 2011, 11:40 AM 

Perrenials for every season. Start with bulbs (plant them in October) for early Spring. Get Daffs and tulips that cover early, mid and late spring blooms. They'll go right through May. Knockout Roses don't have scent but they sure do start early and keep on going. They can be pruned, or not as I notice in my neighbors yards and just look fantastic. Plant them where you can see them easily from inside the house.

Respond to this message   
patiann
(no login)

May 11 2011, 11:48 AM 

Respond to this message   
Judith KY
(no login)

May 11 2011, 3:57 PM 

It's a cute little house, kind of Arts and Crafts style I think. The enclosed porches will be great and I think you are right, there IS a kitchen in there somewhere!

Respond to this message   
Jen R
(no login)

May 12 2011, 10:16 AM 

I see lots of potential!

Respond to this message   
roseNC
(no login)

May 11 2011, 5:34 PM 

Its a cute style house! A good cleaning, decluttered, a little paint, new flooing and you have yourself a gem. AND you'll be with John. Does anything else really matter?

Respond to this message   
roseNC
(no login)

Forgot - landscaping?

May 11 2011, 5:36 PM 

Go with all the things I miss while living in the south - peonies and lilacs. Please your senses.

Respond to this message   
Gardenista
(no login)

Re: Forgot - landscaping?

May 11 2011, 6:17 PM 

Lots of potential and start with getting rid of all the junk that's accumulated. I totally agree with Rose. Take it easy and go slow on the landscaping. Give yourself time to figure out exposure to sun, shade areas, etc. Annuals for instant gratification; perennials--investments for the long haul.

Respond to this message   
Varda
(no login)

May 11 2011, 6:20 PM 

All these lovely perenials and annuals "up north" Enjoy them!

Respond to this message   
Ann G
(no login)

May 11 2011, 7:47 PM 

OOOOHHHHH that little summer house! I could see a painting/craft home for me... finally. **big sigh**

With all that shade, a bunch of hostas would be nice.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Go back to the Main Page  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement