<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Go back to the Main Page  

survey/screensavers/electric

May 13 2011 at 8:58 AM
gardeningmule  (no login)

do you turn your computer screen off every time you walk away from it ...or leave it on with a screensaver...?

what is better for the computer compared to cost of electric..

i'm staying at my friend audrey's house and it's really dark at nite with all lights off...i frequently get up in the middle of the nite to use the computer if i can't sleep...but there is no light to see to walk from room to room....and if i turn the screen off i can't see my way out of the room....back to my bedroom.

trying to solve this little problem before i break my neck...yesterday i came home with one of those lights that you can hang in a closet with batteries...and put outside the bedroom door..(of course the batteries went out today..but that's doable....

i'm just asking for the sake of asking...now i'm just curious and so is she....

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Judith KY
(no login)

Re: survey/screensavers/electric

May 13 2011, 12:23 PM 

I put mine in sleep mode or shut down, but it doesn't matter, it's a laptop and no light when it's closed. I keep my cell phone by my bed and find the light from its screen is enough to get me to the bathroom without waking anyone else or breaking a toe.

Respond to this message   
Gardenista
(no login)

May 13 2011, 12:34 PM 

I leave mine on but it goes dark (goes to sleep) on it's own. Get a flashlight. Your history of tripping over things and breaking body parts begs a safety measure. Bedside flashlight is a cheap remedy. You can get them at the dollar store.

Respond to this message   
Joaniescountrygarden
(no login)

I put up night lights in designated areas

May 14 2011, 9:56 AM 

It so dark in the country the pitch blackness screams for nightlights. They are fairly cheap at the grocery or dollar store and far cheaper than a trip to the ER.
One nice feature about the bathroom here is an outlet right next to the toliet behind the door. I can see when the lid is up or down and it subtle enough light beaming when the door is open to the bathroom to know when the door is open as well. wink.gif Priceless.
I always have a night light in the bedroom and keep extra night light bulbs in a drawer.

Respond to this message   
Gayla
(no login)

May 13 2011, 1:36 PM 

For heavens sake, get a nightlight for the hallway before you break your neck! wink.gif

My computer has a screensaver that comes on after 20 minutes. I've set it to scroll through pics in my "my pictures" files so I am greeted with cool photos and often sit looking at several before I wiggle the mouse to go to the regular desktop.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Go back to the Main Page  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement