<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Go back to the Main Page  

How's your Friday? Weekend plans?

May 13 2011 at 1:40 PM
Gayla  (no login)

Off to the office soon to finish a last ever corporate return for a client. I've referred them to my CPA friend since I've chosen to quit doing any/all corp returns.

Graduation parties this afternoon and Saturday. Fabulous weather today but rain, wind, hail and maybe weak tornadoes (WTF?!) forecast for the weekend. We'll see.

Hope to get home early enough today to do a little gardening.

What's up for you?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Juline
(no login)

Re: How's your Friday? Weekend plans?

May 13 2011, 2:45 PM 

Hopefully the last weekend of staging. Misc. painting, a 7x4 patch of entryway floor to replace (warm-colored $10 vinyl remnant to replace the stark white stuff that's there), some light fixtures to repair, a medicine cabinet to replace.

Respond to this message   
Judith KY
(no login)

May 13 2011, 2:46 PM 

Cleaning a bit of house, 2 kids, 2 wives, 2 grands and 2 friends of kids are coming tomorrow for the Owensboro BBQ Festival (google it, it's a big deal). Fortunately I don't need to cook as all of the above (except The Grands) have purchased a "Glutton Pass" which basically gives them all they care to eat and drink all day and late into the evening. I will take The Grands to see my garden.....my dad especially requested to see them as last time they came he'd just had the procedure on his eye and could tell where they were but couldn't see their sweet faces. Thankfully his sight seems to be returning very well.

Oh, and I gotta make strawberry pie (Middle Son was 31 this week and it's his favorite "birthday cake." Also need to make something for Sunday breakfast.....cinnamon rolls with Gayla's Goo, perhaps....

Respond to this message   
Gardenista
(no login)

May 13 2011, 4:10 PM 

Violent weather forecasts off and on all weekend... another weekend of not getting anything d one OUTSIDE. Hoping Nani's 8:30 AM track meet gets cancelled for bad weather. It's the last of the season and getting up very early on Sat. mornings has not been fun but part of the deal if we want to be there.

Respond to this message   
Gardenista
(no login)

May 13 2011, 4:11 PM 

The track meets go on even in rain... only halted for lightening. We spent one Sat. morning sitting in the rain and it's not fun for anyone.

Respond to this message   
judi z.
(no login)

May 13 2011, 6:09 PM 

Morning was gardening--my back is much better! happy.gif

Afternoon was babysitting.

Tomorrow: more gardening and possibly another run to the nurseries. I have to get more, but not until what I have gets planted. Also discovered that I'm totally out of container soil, so I'll have to get at least 3 or 4 bags, and will have Mr. Judi do that task because I can't lift them.

Sunday is supposed to rain, so who knows? If all my garden chores get done, I might reward myself with some retail therapy, although I have yet to do the winter/summer clothing changeover, so I'm not sure what I need (want).

Respond to this message   
Sue
(Login SueMN)

May 14 2011, 1:20 AM 

Just returned from the lakes and the pines of northern Minnesota. I tended to the graves up there, visited with other antique dealers as I stopped at their shops, stopped at the resort we stay at every year and had coffee with Ken and Julie.
Entering the final week before the wedding, two week countdown until our auction and three week countdown to the next project of moving plants in the yard so they can start pouring cement for the new three car garage and three season porch.

Respond to this message   
Joaniescountrygarden
(no login)

Had a good day despite the rainy weather

May 14 2011, 4:25 PM 

I got a little mowing done and seen someone I had not seen in years. My Dad and my little brother were standing in the lawn. I hadn't seen Jim in so long we both looked at each other with utter amazement at how old we both had gotten. LOL!
I showed him my little piece of paradise and he was impressed with all the trees, shrubs and flowers. Dad treated us to a steak dinner at the local Pondarosa, plus the buffet included and we ate till we nearly popped. All I wanted to do was go home and take a nap after that. My little brother still thinking in terms of a future meal tried nearly everything on the buffet table and by the time they brought the steak and potato he asked for a doggy bag and took it with him.
My sister is having a yard sale. She's done OK so far for not advertising except for three signs.
I'm now enjoying a glass of Columbia-crest Gewurztraminer and will probably enjoy another before bed tonight. wink.gif

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Go back to the Main Page  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement