<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Go back to the Main Page  

How old is too hold to wear bikinis, stilletos, mini skirts?

May 13 2011 at 3:53 PM
Gardenista  (no login)

http://www.stylelist.com/2011/05/13/too-old-miniskirt-video/?ncid=webmail

Doesn't matter to me since I couldn't walk more than across a room in stilleto heels; wouldn't be caught dead in a bikini and wear mini skirts only in my flashbacks of the 60's.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
judi z.
(no login)

Re: How old is too hold to wear bikinis, stilletos, mini skirts?

May 13 2011, 3:55 PM 

For some women it's 25, for others it could be 50--depends on the woman!

Respond to this message   
Gayla
(no login)

May 13 2011, 4:33 PM 

Hey, I'm 61 and now find I'm in the out group! happy.gif

Guess if one has to ask, she's too old! And if she shouldn't but does, let's hope she's blind and deaf.

Respond to this message   
Joyce WW
(Login joyceww)

May 13 2011, 4:54 PM 

I gave up the rest long ago. But does this mean I should have given up swimming or should I swim nude at my great age?

Respond to this message   
Dicentra
(no login)

May 13 2011, 5:56 PM 

Bikinis -- 10
Mini skirts -- 6
Stilletos -- why not bind feet?

Respond to this message   
judi z.
(no login)

May 13 2011, 6:02 PM 

Must note that I have some stilettoes that are as comfortable or more so than some of my lower heeled shoes. I don't wear them as much as I used to because they aren't as safe as flats when lugging a 6 month old around! happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Judith KY
(no login)

May 13 2011, 6:28 PM 

When people stop gasping in delight and instead gasp in horror....for me it was about 23. My OB-GYN that delivered my first child said I could wear a bikini now and I told him that was good as I never could wear one before....some of us just look better the more we cover up.

Respond to this message   
Juline
(no login)

May 13 2011, 9:03 PM 

Depends on the woman. Helen Mirren, 63.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Judith KY
(no login)

May 13 2011, 10:35 PM 

Damn. She's good. (please tell me it's photoshopped!)

Respond to this message   
Sue
(Login SueMN)

May 14 2011, 1:04 AM 

This was discussed on Kathy Lee/Houda's(?) show on Wednesday. Today they showed women that had sent in pictures of themselves in bikinis, high heels, long hair (no one over 50 should have it long, mine's long), no knee high boots after 40 (I wear them), etc.
Everyone, including KLG and Houda, kept saying according to who and what list! LOL I rarely watch their show but it was still on from the today show and it made me stop when I heard the teaser.

Respond to this message   
Juline
(no login)

May 14 2011, 2:39 AM 

I don't think that is photoshopped. Have you seen her on Letterman in the last couple years? She looks fantastic.

I don't really pay much attention to all the "rules." I'll be 45 in a few months -- I'd have long hair if I could grow it; I wear knee-high boots; I'd wear a bikini if I felt comfortable in one.

Respond to this message   
Joaniescountrygarden
(no login)

If you've got it, flaunt it

May 14 2011, 9:40 AM 

If you don't and don't feel comfortable with it wear a beach cover up and there are plenty of pretty dresses and dressy shoes out there that do not need to be stilettos or mini shirts.

The only thing that pisses me off about it is people who dictate what to wear and what not to wear. It makes me want to wear whatever seems offending to them under their nose when my rebel impulse strikes me. wink.gif

I had to laugh when I heard the other day that Nudist Colonies were not gaining new people. I guess they are tired of looking at all the old senior bunch? They could always invent different games? ..like collect the age spots? Who has the most wrinkles? and who has the biggest flying squirrel arm wings? Dirty bird badminton can turn into "where's the bird?" badminton. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Charr
(no login)

May 14 2011, 5:56 PM 

I am with Judi, it depends on what is going to be showing and how you look in them. They had some kind of survey thing like that they were talking about on the Today show and diff. ages for when you should not wear stuff and EVEN said no bathing suits after...60..ok maybe they mean bathing as in just showing people what you have kind of bathing suit....but man oh man I am going to swim in a swimming suit (modest type) whenever I DAMN well want to.....just don't look. I don't swim well in clothes.

Respond to this message   
Gardenista
(no login)

May 14 2011, 8:00 PM 

The "no bathing suit" after 60 struck a nerve with me, too. Skinny dipping it is and choke on it you can't handle it.

I wore high heels to work for so many years; never higher than 3 in. Now, the 4 inchers are around and I'm glad I don't even have to consider those. I know, let's ask Lady Gaga if they're safe.

I don't miss panty hose, high heels and most other forms of body bondage now and I'm glad to be "free at last."

IMO, wear what you want, how you want, when you want. Someone's bound to be offended or, at least, surprised about this or that. If you feel good, your energy generates accordingly. Did you know those bright colors in Central and South American countries are worn because the people believe it makes their auras brighter and stronger.

Sign me,
She who rainbow walks in purple Haflingers

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Go back to the Main Page  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement