Net 54 Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Hello to all visitors! Please visit the NEW Net54 board at www.Net54baseball.com You can directly contact the moderator here if you have any questions or comments. Enjoy!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

Hurricane Relief - Card for Sale

August 31 2005 at 11:24 PM

Josh K.  (Login jkrasner2)

Leon - If you feel this is better suited for the b/s/t that is fine, but I hope you let this stay on the main board.

I had an idea that if board members offered a card for sale for other board members to purchase with the sales price earmarked to be donated to hurricane relief efforts we could probably raise a few bucks for a good cause and swap some cards.

With that in mind, I have an E93 Ames listed for $125 in the b/s/t thread. I am lowering the cost of the card to my purchase price $80 (incl. shipping). If the card sells, the money will be donated to the red cross hurricane relief efforts. I am happy to send the proceeds to one person to make a large donation on behalf of the board or to simply make my own individual contribution.

Anyone else game?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Bill Kasel
(Login bkasel)

Great idea Josh!

September 1 2005, 2:01 PM 

I am sickened by what is happening in the MS/LA/AL area. I would imagine most of the people there have no idea just how bad they are going to have it for the next year at a minimum. While the rest of the country is filled in with all the disturbing, maddening details those without any access to electricity, information, resources are left to some how survive, many wont.

I would like to purchase the E93 from you Josh, and am putting up an E101 Davis (sliding) up for sale for the same purpose. I cant remember what I paid for it but it was somewhere around $65.00, so that is what I will ask for it now.

Please email me if you are interested.

While I realize many of you will donate through other means I find this a unique way to contribute.

Bill

This message has been edited by bkasel on Apr 9, 2007 5:33 PM

Josh K.
(Login jkrasner2)

Re: Hurricane Relief - Card for Sale

September 1 2005, 2:45 PM 

Thanks Bill. The Ames is yours.

I hope we can get some others involved - maybe we will be able to put together a sizable contribution. And you are right - it hopefully will be a nice way to contribute b/c you can contribute and still get a card for your efforts.

For anyone else reading, this idea does not require that you buy and sell a card - one or the other is fine - either way, a contribuition is being made to relief efforts.

This message has been edited by jkrasner2 on Sep 1, 2005 3:04 PM

Josh K.
(Login jkrasner2)

September 1 2005, 2:58 PM 

Finally,

I am happy to collect contributions if people feel comforatable with that. I would of course let the seller know when I received the money. I would also propose that checks just be made payable to the

American Red Cross

Please write "WRAL Hurricane Relief" in the memo line (WRAL is a local TV station in Raleigh).

You can mail the checks to me at the following address:

Josh Krasner
Maupin Taylor, P.A.
3200 Beechleaf Court
Suite 500
Raleigh, NC 27604

ockday
(Login ockday)

Great idea!!

September 1 2005, 3:02 PM 

Thanks Josh for a wonderful idea.
I will donate my E92 Jennings SGC 40 . The price will be $250 delivered. I will donate the entire $250 to the Red Cross. Email me if interested.

This card has been sold..Thanks!

Thanks,
Alan

alan@moret.com

This message has been edited by ockday on Sep 2, 2005 11:12 AM

Lee Behrens
(Login bowlingshoeguy)

Re: Hurricane Relief - Card for Sale-SOLD

September 1 2005, 3:15 PM 

I will contribute a T206 Lundgren, Cubs SGC 10. The card is on the nationalsportscard site. Just click the purchase and email that it is for the relief fund.

http://nationalsportscards.com/view/card.asp?ID=4771>

The price is $60 ppd

Lee

The card has been sold, Thanks John

This message has been edited by bowlingshoeguy on Sep 1, 2005 3:51 PM

BlackSoxFan
(Login BlackSoxFan)

This is a great idea!!!!

September 1 2005, 3:34 PM 

I'll have to see what i've got, ... but in the meantime ... should we setup a paypal account or what? I might be able to run this legit through my business so that we can all get tax write offs!!! Wonderful idea, really really great!

Regards,
Black Sox Fan

- - - - - - - - -

I'm Smart Enough To Know, There Are A Lot Of People Who Know More Than I Know

BlackSoxFan.com
email me

john/z28jd
(Login z28jd)

September 1 2005, 3:55 PM 

I bought Lee's card and i'll send money as soon as we decide wheres the best place to send it.

Dont have any cards to sell since i couldnt scan anything for at least 10 days from now,but ill gladly buy more if they come up.

This is definitely a great idea and generous for those selling their cards

BlackSoxFan
(Login BlackSoxFan)

September 1 2005, 3:56 PM 

please read my other post guys! Great idea Josh you have inspired me!

Ted

Regards,
Black Sox Fan

- - - - - - - - -

BlackSoxFan.com
email me

Josh K.
(Login jkrasner2)

September 1 2005, 3:58 PM 

Black Sox - Let me know what you can find out. Im happy to collect the checks all made out to the red cross and mail them. But if a paypal account would be easier, that would be fine as well. Basically, I want everyone to be comfortable with how any donations are handled. Any suggestions are welcome - we just need a way to ensure that any money gets where it is intended.

BlackSoxFan
(Login BlackSoxFan)

September 1 2005, 4:02 PM 

Josh Please call me - office phone is forwarded to my cell 404.806.0273

Regards,
Black Sox Fan

- - - - - - - - -

BlackSoxFan.com
email me

BlackSoxFan
(Login BlackSoxFan)

September 1 2005, 4:14 PM 

Just talked with Josh
Here's the deal..i'm out of atlanta until wed. which should give me enough time to get everything set up.... My company will be able to issue reciepts and everything for tax purposes.... if you guys have any questions please call my office line at 404.806.0273. For those deals that have already been made, if you would like to run this through my company please put them on hold for a week until i get back i will be able to get you all receipts and such, of course if you guys want to just do this through this thread that is fine too! whatever helps is the point!...... any questions call me......!

Ted

Regards,
Black Sox Fan

- - - - - - - - -

BlackSoxFan.com
email me

Keith O'Leary
(Login queen_giver_98)

Sounds GREAT! Heres my contribution

September 1 2005, 4:33 PM 

80 smackers, free shipping.

sending to Ted all. Keith

This message has been edited by queen_giver_98 on Sep 1, 2005 9:19 PM

Erick Lewin
(Login yanksfan09)

Great Idea, would be interesting story

September 1 2005, 4:41 PM 

Baseball Cards pay for relief and suplies: Save Lives!

Hope this one keeps going until things get a little better down there!

Richard
(Login rman444)

My contribution

September 1 2005, 5:20 PM 

1910 Obak Willett - $45 delivered

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

BlackSoxFan
(Login BlackSoxFan)

September 1 2005, 5:25 PM 

I know what people say about them, but i think i can get the three grading services in on this! See above! I've gotten Howard from GAI into the idea, now i just have to put this stuff on paper.

Ted

Regards,
Black Sox Fan

- - - - - - - - -

BlackSoxFan.com
email me

T206Collector
(Login T206Collector)

T206 SGC Graded Cards

September 1 2005, 5:31 PM 

This is sort of a reverse post, having missed out on the Lundgren, I only collect T206 cards. I do not really have any T206 cards to spare at the moment, but I would be interested in purchasing SGC graded T206 commons in SGC 40 or 50 condition at some agreed upon price (but not more than $250) with some or all of the funds going to the Red Cross, if there was some way that this could be worked out with a potential seller/donator.

Paul

edit: Have arranged the purchase of SGC graded T206 commons for $250, which will be donated to the Red Cross. Thanks!

This message has been edited by T206Collector on Sep 1, 2005 10:24 PM

leon
(Premier Login leonl)
Forum Owner

only for this thread

September 1 2005, 5:45 PM 

I am going to let anything and everything go on this thread for this topic. If you have ANYTHING that you will donate or help out with it will be more than good to talk about here.....thanks again guys.....

BlackSoxFan
(Login BlackSoxFan)

September 1 2005, 6:10 PM 

UPDATE:
Okay guys here is the deal....

Our donation drive will run through the end of the month....i haven't decided yet if i'm going to just put stuff up as it comes in or if i'm going to do one big auction starting the first week of october....i'm leaning toward a combination of the two. But at the very least, iTailers will be donating 100% of the proceeds, that means everything .... to the American Red Cross for the specific purpose of assisting others in need. We will auction any and all sports memorabilia for this purpose, anything else you want to donate we will gladly take as well. I will be answering my phone and emails but i will return next wed. to Atlanta. I have alerted my employees and we will be donating 100% of our company efforts to this project. Once again, because Moderator dude is our address and info. You can visit our website (we've already gotten the main page changed) for more information. I'm not sure what i'll do with the ID's yet...i think i might leave it b/c of our feedback already being fairly high. That at this point is inconsequential. We have gotten the Am. Red Cross involved in this and have already contacted all the major authenticators (PSA, SGC, GAI, Tri-Star etc..etc.. to alert them to this). Please do not comment on the companies grading skills or anything of the sort right now. This has nothing to do with that. Lets see what we can do...i would love to raise over 10,000-20,000 but with some luck we can blow that out of the water! I will be in touch as always contact me as you'd like. I will add more than my pattee as soon as i get home and see what i have! Please include your name, address, contact info and what you have included for the auction!

Address:
iTailers Auction House
Attn: Cards4HurricaneRelief
265 Ponce De Leon #3106
Atlanta, GA 30308

phone: 404.806.0273
email: info@itailers.com
Ted

Items Donated So Far:
1. 1 T206 Pattee (GAI 2) - mine
2. 4 Goudey's/Diamonds Stars - Local Collector
3. T207 McGraw/1888 Cab/et all (thanks Julie!)
4. 2 W514's - Al Luque & Bill Doak
5. McAvoy box of goods - (thanks Bill McAvoy - www.mcavoysportcards.com/)
6. T205 Tinker - (thanks keith)
7. card from Anson - (thanks Anson)
8. Mark McGwire Autographed pic w/ COA
9. Lot - JD Drew Memphis Redbirds Cards
10. E101 Davis - (thanks Bill)
11. keep it coming!!!
Regards,
Black Sox Fan

- - - - - - - - -

BlackSoxFan.com
email me