Net 54 Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Hello to all visitors! Please visit the NEW Net54 board at www.Net54baseball.com You can directly contact the moderator here if you have any questions or comments. Enjoy!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

L1 Leathers

June 22 2008 at 12:56 PM
  (Login martindl)

Now that it appears that the guy has sold all that he had, I thought I'd ask for peoples' opinions on the group of L1 Leathers that appeared over the past couple of weeks.

http://tinyurl.com/5jma6e

What fantastic condition rarities these are. Unfortunately I was not a winner on the couple I bid on, but I thought the prices were generally in line with what I expected on Ebay. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see some of these pop up in REA or some other such venue in the future, where I think they'll do better.

Thoughts?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

peter ullman
(Login ullmandds)

my 2 cents

June 22 2008, 1:07 PM 

I agree on many of your points. They are in great condition...had a few HOF'ers...and are quite rare. Personally, I don't care for them as they're larger and unusually shaped. I also agree they may see the light of an auction house soon where they may realize a little profit. Beautiful nonetheless.

(Login bcbgcbrcb)

Re: L1 Leathers

June 22 2008, 1:10 PM 

I really like the Grover Cleveland Alexander and it pre-dates his rookie "cards" but there are no real holders to encapsulate these pieces so I passed on it also.

Chris
(Login crbatt)

June 22 2008, 2:07 PM 

As rarities I definitely see their popularity... but I've never found them to be all that attractive.

davidcycleback
(Login dereb3)

June 22 2008, 3:12 PM 

I classify the leathers as oddballs. By their nature and name, oddballs are odd, and that's what collectors of oddballs find appealing.

This message has been edited by dereb3 on Jun 22, 2008 3:19 PM
This message has been edited by dereb3 on Jun 22, 2008 3:14 PM

Steve Dawson
(Login SteveDawson)

June 23 2008, 2:14 AM 

Kind of makes you wonder why, if the L1's were issued concurrently with T3's, wasn't Grover Alexander in the T3 set

Steve

This message has been edited by SteveDawson on Jun 23, 2008 2:14 AM

Current Topic - L1 Leathers  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index