Net 54 Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Hello to all visitors! Please visit the NEW Net54 board at www.Net54baseball.com You can directly contact the moderator here if you have any questions or comments. Enjoy!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  
doug Bacon
(Login bacon0000)

Re: Microsoft/Ebay cashback live??

November 29 2008, 7:48 PM 

Gotten from they're website. "You can earn up to $2,500 in cashback savings every calendar year! We want cashback rewards to go to a broad variety of consumers who search and shop on Live Search for their personal purchases. If a single purchase causes you to meet and also exceed this cap, you can still earn all the cashback savings associated with that purchase, provided that all other eligibility requirements are met."

I believe a calender year means it starts over in January.

Mike
(Login mcap100176)

November 29 2008, 8:53 PM 

From Ebay's terms and conditions:

1. Cashback Program
The Microsoft Live Search Cashback Program provides cashback for up to 12 qualifying purchases per account on www.ebay.com. The amount of cashback will be determined by eBay, specified at the time of checkout on the "purchase review page" and equal to a percentage of the sale price (excluding shipping and handling fees, insurance fees and other such fees) ("Cashback Rewards"). The maximum amount of Cashback Rewards per qualifying purchase is $200.00 USD. In addition, all Cashback Rewards (including Cashback Rewards earned in connection with purchases made on websites other than www.eBay.com) are subject to the annual $2,500.00 per person cap set forth in the Program Terms.

Al Davis
(Login therealaldavis)

November 30 2008, 1:13 AM 

sounds good. but i'm still not sure how to interpret "If a single purchase causes you to meet and also exceed this cap, you can still earn all the cashback savings associated with that purchase" with the statement that you can not exceed $200 cashback for any one purchase. anyone want to take a shot at that? thanks!

Doug
(Login doug45121)

November 30 2008, 9:26 AM 

Since purchases are pending for 60 days anything bought now is going to clear into next year. Anyone know if it counts for this year when the purchase was made or next year when the cashback is credited?

Anonymous
(Login mcap100176)

November 30 2008, 6:55 PM 

Al -
I think that statement refers to the Cashback will give you up to $2500 while Ebay caps it at $2,400 (12 eligible purchases capped at $200).

My guess, and it is only a guess, that Cashback will make up the $100 for eligible purchases. That's my interpretation. To me it makes sense, but you probably have to ask Cashback to make up the $100.

Doug -
It's calendar year...in part of Microsoft's Terms & Conditions
"You may earn up to Two Thousand Five Hundred U.S. Dollars ($2,500.00) of cashback rewards in a calendar year. You may earn Live Search cashback rewards on purchases that you complete in the same web browsing session after clicking on advertisements or listings in the Live Search service or the Live Search cashback service."...

Doug
(Login doug45121)

November 30 2008, 10:49 PM 

It's pretty tough to type this so it doesn't seem so confusing, but what I was wondering is that by per year do they go by when the purchases were made or when the cash back is credited? If I buy a card today the purchase is occurring this year, but with the 60 day pending period I won't actually get the cash back until next year. To try and simplify it a little more, I'm not sure if they are going by the date you buy the item or if it doesn't count as a completed transaction until the cashback is credited.

Randall
(Login cincicards)

December 1 2008, 11:20 AM 

Got this in my Ebay email this morning:

Here's how to save up to 40% with a coupon + Microsoft Cashback:
1. Search for an item on www.live.com.
2. Click the sponsored ad with the Microsoft cashback symbol You'll be taken to eBay.com.
3. Make sure the item is Buy It Now and the seller accepts PayPal. If the item is eligible,
you'll see a cashback notice on the "commit to buy" page.

Jimmy Leiderman
(Login JLeiderman)

December 1 2008, 11:56 AM 

Tell me about it!
I just used the Microsoft Cashback + eBay coupon and saved $215 on a new Blackberry Bold... happy.gif

Mike
(Login insidethewrapper)

December 1 2008, 1:01 PM 

This has to be helping dealers. I just bought a few cards this past week at 30% off and 40% today with coupon. Now those Buy It Now's don't seem so high. This will also encourage dealers to sell more Buy It Now's at a higher cost knowing their customers are getting 30% off.

Randall
(Login cincicards)

December 1 2008, 1:46 PM 

Quick question, can you use this to purchase multiple items from a seller or is this good for one item at a time?

Matt
(Login MSW1)

December 1 2008, 1:47 PM 

Mike - it has helped me both as a buyer and seller - I've closed deals on cards with sellers using the $200 to bridge the gap and I listed my cards on eBay, adding the eBay/Paypal fees to my prices and have had some decent success there so far.

This is costing Microsoft millions of dollars, and I don't understand the business reason behind it, but I don't mind one bit. happy.gif

Doug
(Login doug45121)

December 4 2008, 10:58 AM 

Now it's back down to 20%. Maybe they are expecting a rush on people trying to get the rest of their 12 uses in before the end of the month.

JB
(Login jbbama)

December 4 2008, 4:40 PM 

Yes still 20% sad.gif however, instant cashback for me this time, no waiting.

This message has been edited by jbbama on Dec 4, 2008 4:41 PM

Bob
(Login tbob)
Registered Users

December 4 2008, 10:12 PM 

It's like the frigging Dow Jones. Now it's down to 15% sad.gif

Frank B
(Login frankb22)

December 4 2008, 10:47 PM 

>>This is costing Microsoft millions of dollars, and I don't
>>understand the business reason behind it, but I don't mind one bit.

They are trying to get people to use the Live search engine. It's
pretty simple and I wouldn't be surprised if they had 50 million
dedicated to the project. If they get you to convert from Google or Yahoo
to Live that is pretty significant. I know I use Live as much as I use Google
since the promotion started and never used it before that.

Doug
(Login doug45121)

December 5 2008, 8:54 PM 

Did they stop doing this all of a sudden?? The discount was 15% this morning and I just tried it and there wasn't any discount at all!

Bob
(Login tbob)
Registered Users

December 5 2008, 11:28 PM 

A real shame. I had some BINs spotted and with the 30% cashback was good to go until the 30% became 15% and now 0%. I guess we just check daily to see if it goes back up again....

quan
(Login quannimir)

December 5 2008, 11:32 PM 

tbob it's at 15%, if u don't get it just refresh the page eventually it'll come up.

Bob
(Login tbob)
Registered Users

December 5 2008, 11:47 PM 

Quan, I just checked again and it still is 0 on my computer sad.gif

Doug
(Login doug45121)

December 6 2008, 7:33 AM 

After a few refreshes of the live search screen the 15% did finally appear next to the ebay link, but when I clicked on it there was no mention of it on the ebay site.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement