Net 54 Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Hello to all visitors! Please visit the NEW Net54 board at www.Net54baseball.com You can directly contact the moderator here if you have any questions or comments. Enjoy!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

Old Judge Wooden Cigar Box w/ 1883 tax stamp

December 19 2008 at 2:01 PM

chris  (Login jaystocanadians)

I recently picked this Old Judge box up on Ebay and I while I haven't really been a collector of vintage baseball cards (mostly uniforms and equipment etc), I have been moving into vintage photos lately and would love to add an Old Judge baseball card to my collection. I am not concerned about condition, and in fact, would prefer to have an inexpensive card to pair with this item.

I would appreciate knowing what forum collectors may have avaialable. I would really like to have a card with a batting pose, or equipment visiible, if possible, but am not too picky. Perhaps, someone could also tell me more about the factory indicated on the box - Factory 1618, Ninth District, State of Pennsylvania.

Thanks! chris

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jay
(Login OldJudge)

Re: Old Judge Wooden Cigar Box w/ 1883 tax stamp

December 19 2008, 2:05 PM 

This box is not from the company that made Old Judge baseball cards (Goodwin & Co.)

Jon Canfield
(Login canjond)

Re: Old Judge Wooden Cigar Box w/ 1883 tax stamp

December 19 2008, 2:16 PM 

Chris - Jay is correct. OJ cards were packaged inside "slide and shell" boxes of Old Judge cigarettes. Here is a link to what the packs look like.

http://baseballandtobacco.com/n172.htm

======================================
For the premier online souce of information on baseball-related cigarette packs, visit http://www.baseballandtobacco.com

Chris
(Login jaystocanadians)

Thanks!

December 22 2008, 3:31 PM 

Thanks for the info. I thought the cigars and cigs were manufactured by the same co. Oh well.

Any one have any Old Judge cards (low end condition) for sale?

Thanks..chris

Eric
(Login foodle.net)

old judge cards

December 23 2008, 8:37 AM 

Chris,

Email me at eric.kramer@247HQ.com

I have many many low end old judge cards available.

Eric

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement