Net 54 Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Hello to all visitors! Please visit the NEW Net54 board at www.Net54baseball.com You can directly contact the moderator here if you have any questions or comments. Enjoy!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

What's a man to do ???

January 2 2009 at 9:08 AM
  (Login danp306)

I got back into the hobby 4 years ago when I bought a Koufax RC at Catcher's Mitt on Bee Ridge in Sarasota. When I visit Sarasota I always try to go the memorabilia stores at the Westfield mall (the one on 8201 S. Tamiami Trail) and at Catcher's Mitt.

I was a little surprised, but not shocked, to see the Cather's Mitt and one of the memorabilia stores closing down (both were actually packing up while I was there). They must have decided to sell what they could at Xmas then get out.

I went to the other card/memorabilia store (can't remember their name) still open in the mall. I noticed Clemente and Koufax RC's in their display case. Both cards had a sticker with "Book Price" of a NM card. Of course, their price was a little lower than book. My guess is each of the cards would have graded a 2 or 3. Which means they were selling at over 5 times what they could be purchased on eBay. All the other card prices were way too high.

I guess it's just a matter of time that all these type stores close down. Where am I going to go while my wife shops for clothes?? All we have left are electronic stores....

Dan

This message has been edited by danp306 on Jan 2, 2009 9:14 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login MSW1)

Re: What's a man to do ???

January 2 2009, 9:10 AM 

It's too bad they don't have a computer kiosk in that card store to check the prices...

(Login fdnyladder7)

January 2 2009, 9:17 AM 

Radio shack used to be a fun diversion. But I find Sears, tool department is a weird escape now whenever she makes me tag along to the Mall. She thinks I'm getting house stuff but honestly I'm just there for the show -great spontaneous humor there and a darn good time killer... Since my Victorias Secret 'welcome' had been revoked.

(Login rc4157)

January 2 2009, 9:24 AM 

When we visit the mall, I make certain that I bring 1) My reading glasses 2) A good book or the latest issue of Old Cardboard & 3) I find the most comfortable place to sit available.

Time actually passes very quickly, although I did miss a bare bosomed Brittney Spears in New York City once while I was reading and she apparently was changing without concern to others around her. Actually not that big of a deal to me but it makes for an interesting and true story.

RC

(Login bamacollection)

January 2 2009, 10:03 AM 

Matt,
Great reference from a shoe-in Net54 HOF...LOL.

(Login MSW1)

January 2 2009, 10:50 AM 

Lance - glad somebody got the reference happy.gif

(Login boxingcardman)

Where am I going to go while my wife shops for clothes?

January 2 2009, 12:50 PM 

IPOD. I bring mine to the mall, find a comfortable chair, and watch Star Trek episodes.

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

(Login fdnyladder7)

January 2 2009, 1:29 PM 

This chair?

[linked image]

Current Topic - What's a man to do ???  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index