Net 54 Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Hello to all visitors! Please visit the NEW Net54 board at www.Net54baseball.com You can directly contact the moderator here if you have any questions or comments. Enjoy!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

T206 Magee on eBay

January 4 2009 at 10:27 PM
Matt  (Login MSW1)

This message has been edited by MSW1 on Jan 4, 2009 10:27 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Brian T.
(Login terjung)

Re: T206 Magee on eBay

January 4 2009, 10:57 PM 

Such an obvious forgery of the "error" that it isn't even funny.

Let's see... can I turn an E into an I with a power eraser? Sure!
Never mind about the spacing between the letters... I'm sure nobody will ever notice.

I'm not sure why this one erks me more than others frauds, but it does.

after a second look, they are not calling it the error card in the description - just trying to imply it by the pictures. So, while the person who did it was obviously trying to emulate the error card, the current consignor doesn't seem to imply that it should have any more value than a damaged, correct-spelling Magee portrait... so I guess I have no issue.

This message has been edited by terjung on Jan 4, 2009 11:01 PM

Matt
(Login MSW1)

January 4 2009, 11:02 PM 

Brian - I hear you. The seller doesn't seem to be trying to take advantage of it though, although since he knows the player's name is Magee, he must wonder why it says Magie on the card.

Anyone want to weigh in on the bottom edge, specifically the right side? Is this a front/back Frankenstein as well?

My Trade/Sale Page

This message has been edited by MSW1 on Jan 4, 2009 11:04 PM

peter ullman
(Login ullmandds)

January 4 2009, 11:07 PM 

it's got a hindu back atleast.

Matt
(Login MSW1)

January 4 2009, 11:08 PM 

Tim
(Login Abravefan11)

January 4 2009, 11:26 PM 

I don't think the seller is trying to deceive anyone. Granted the card has been obviously altered to appear as an error, nothing in the sellers description states that it is or could be such a card.

As far as the back/front or any other altering that could be present, I'll leave it to those more knowlegable than I.

Brian T.
(Login terjung)

January 4 2009, 11:55 PM 

Brown Hindu back is possible for the Magee portrait. So, the combination is possible.

The "Magie" error printing only comes in a Piedmont 150 back.

Frank Wakefield
(Login Greatwake)
Registered Users

January 5 2009, 12:18 AM 

Someone has taken a fairly nice Hindu card, doctored it, and created something worth a fraction of what it was... That's a shame. Someone would have liked a nice Hindu Magee.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index