Net 54 Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Hello to all visitors! Please visit the NEW Net54 board at www.Net54baseball.com You can directly contact the moderator here if you have any questions or comments. Enjoy!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

leon
(Premier Login leonl)
Network 54 Moderator

personal contact info isn't allowed

January 25 2009, 8:51 PM 

It is against Network54.com rules to post personal contact information on this site. Many times it is done and nothing is said but rest assured, it is against Network54.com rules. So, no, I can't really allow personal information on this site, like that...Not too long ago was the very first time I got a nastygram from Net54 about allowing something like this. Shame on me. best regards

Steve
(Login WinPitcher)

Re: Brian Crotts

January 25 2009, 8:52 PM 

That is why I asked, I figured it was a no no.

In any event I emailed Mike all the info I had.

Steve

Fred C
(Login JudgeDred2)

January 25 2009, 9:08 PM 

He could be one of those guys that is really slooooow at shipping stuff and it takes constant reminders to finally get him to react. Funny thing is that he sure was on top of things with that 1939 PB card and PSA.

I also tried emailing him at an address he provided a couple of weeks ago and now messages are returned as undeliverable.

Why doesn't someone get on that CU board and ask him "what's up?"

Mike Peich
(Login mpeich)

Brian Croots

January 25 2009, 9:15 PM 

Dear All,

Thank you everyone, particularly Scott Sarian and Steve, for their helpful information. I sent Brian Crotts an email (at an address Steve provided) and await a response to my request that he return my $150. If he does not, I will explore the petty theft option.

It is gratifying to have the support that you have all voiced, and I agree with Tim Kindler that our forum remains one of the safest places to buy-sell-trade--fortunately Brian Crotts is an aberration. As Leon rightly noted, all transactions on the B/S/T invoke caveat emptor, and I will be more mindful of unknown sellers in the future.

Thank you all for your kind words.

Cheers,
Mike

Steve
(Login WinPitcher)

January 25 2009, 9:18 PM 

Why doesn't someone get on that CU board and ask him "what's up?"

ummm we did that.

Steve

Fred C
(Login JudgeDred2)

January 25 2009, 9:37 PM 

Steve,

I guess there was no response from Brian on the CU board? I'm sorry, if you posted the information earlier in the thread just tell me to get off my lazy fingers and scroll through the thread for that information (or please repeat it).

I've had nothing but positive dealings on the BST (both buying and selling).

Leon, can you create a categorey in the BST that says: REFERENCES. People could ask about specific people and we could all contribute with our answers (or privately email responses).

Just keep in mind that if someone asks about you then it shouldn't be taken personally because not everybody is as well known as lets say Leon Luckey or Barry Sloate or board people like that.

Bottom line is (as always): buyer beware.

joe brennan
(Login 2dueces)

Steve

January 25 2009, 9:54 PM 

Steve, Wasn't he the guy that just offered a public apology on a recent CU thread? He didn't come up with a Secret Santa gift, bashed PSA, took donations for MS and then said he didn't and promised to make good on everything? That thread can't be 5 days old? I guess he's still up to his old tricks, just in new places. Geez.

In Rememberance of James W. Brennan Sr. 1924-1982. Dad, thanks for everything you did for me.

Anthony N.
(Login Griffins97)

January 25 2009, 9:55 PM 

On a lot of boards sellers/traders will add the sig line
"successful trades with Leon, Barry, Elliot, Bill, BcD" etc.
Might be a good idea for those not well known on the board. An ebay id wouldn't hurt either- although I"m sure given Brian's ebay feedback he would've avoided that.

JDRUM
(Login hrbaker)

One thing

January 25 2009, 10:07 PM 

I generally try to do as a buyer on the BST is go back to the thread once I have rec'd the card and say thank you and that I rec'd it - deal done, it's all good. Potentially this lets anyone reading know that I paid and the seller shipped. The down side is that it bumps an old thread up to the top sometimes a week or ten days later.

Matt
(Login MSW1)

January 25 2009, 10:08 PM 

Jeff - I thought you gave the bump as a favor to the seller happy.gif

My Trade/Sale Page

This message has been edited by MSW1 on Jan 25, 2009 10:08 PM

JDRUM
(Login hrbaker)

That too

January 25 2009, 10:10 PM 

Matt!

Brian
(Login CardsForMS)

January 25 2009, 11:37 PM 

email me matt

Fred C
(Login JudgeDred2)

January 26 2009, 12:07 AM 

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that Brian has two ebay IDs: cardsbysgc AND osocards

There must be some kind of mistake -

In the following auction CARDSBYSGC was the seller and OSOCARDS was the winner:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330299110296

J Levine
(Login Wite3)

January 26 2009, 12:41 AM 

So Brian comes on and asks Matt to email him...not Mike, Matt...

Brian....what happened? Maybe a little explanation?

Joshua

J Levine
(Login Wite3)

January 26 2009, 12:48 AM 

Umm...a quick google search lets me see that Brian Crotts ripped off Coaches Corner (funny in itself) but it also provides that he lives fairly near me...so, the local police to contact for Brian is

Mission Hills Police Department
818-838-9800

They have been very helpful in the past.

Joshua

Sean C
(Login Sean_C)

I'm not sure which is funnier:

January 26 2009, 1:15 AM 

that he was bidding over at CC, or that he stiffed them. Thanks for the heads-up Josh:

http://www.myccsa.com/Prohibited.aspx

Jeff
(Login Barfvader)

January 26 2009, 6:33 AM 

"Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that Brian has two ebay IDs: cardsbysgc AND osocards

In the following auction CARDSBYSGC was the seller and OSOCARDS was the winner:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330299110296

There must be some kind of mistake -"

No mistake at all.

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=11&threadid=700586&STARTPAGE=8

Photobucket

Matt
(Login MSW1)

January 26 2009, 7:46 AM 

Josh - I'm assuming Brian got Mike and I confused. I couldn't possibly imagine what he'd want from me.

My Trade/Sale Page

Eric S.
(Login tao_moko)

new guy piping in

January 26 2009, 8:24 AM 

I understand the frustration and for me it is dissapointing because as a newcomer to the Forum and BST (buying and selling) it sucks to think I will be avoided for being new because some loser ran some scams.

Steve
(Login WinPitcher)

January 26 2009, 8:26 AM 

Secret Santa was never sent, the 'Mike' is a different Mike (actually the persons name is Matt) (not the Mike here) thus his confusion here asking 'Matt' to email him, he must be stuck
on that mistake he made the other night over at CU when he told 'Mike' he would return the
100.00 he received from him.

lets see, oh the baseballs, hurt no one huh? I think the runner up to that

auction would disagree with you.

This guy is about the dumbest person I have ever encountered in the hobby

even dumber then Dr. Koos.

Steve

This message has been edited by WinPitcher on Jan 26, 2009 8:40 AM

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement