Net 54 Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Hello to all visitors! Please visit the NEW Net54 board at www.Net54baseball.com You can directly contact the moderator here if you have any questions or comments. Enjoy!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  
Mike Peich
(Login mpeich)

Brian Crotts

January 26 2009, 10:04 AM 

Dear All,

Brian emailed me early this morning and asked for my address in order to send a money order refund for the full amount. He claims it will be sent this Friday (not sure why he's not sending it immediately). If I don't have payment in hand, I will use Josh's information and contact the local police--thank you, Josh, for that information.

Eric--I do hope that you will stay on the Board and use the B/S/T. As Tim said yesterday, it's still the safest place to make card transactions.

Thank you all, once again, for your support and the information you have provided. As soon as I've received restitution, I'll post it on the Board.

Cheers,
Mike

Steve
(Login WinPitcher)

Re: Brian Crotts

January 26 2009, 10:07 AM 

Good luck with that, his word is meaningless.

Steve

jay wolt
(Login qualitycards)

January 26 2009, 11:10 AM 

Mike Did he explain what happened or even apoligized?
And why didn't he contact you after he realized he took
money from you for an item he no longer had available, and
apparently contacted you only after this situation was posted.

Mike Peich
(Login mpeich)

Brian Crott

January 26 2009, 1:11 PM 

Hi Jay,
Thank you for your concern. I have no idea why he did this, but I now know my options (thanks to two board members) for bringing this to the attention of local police in California where Brian lives, as well a policing agency dedicated to electronic fraud. I am told that if he doesn't make restitution, the latter organization will make life hell for him since what he did is clearly a serious matter.

I might add, too, that if anyone is interested, I will gladly share what I know about seeking restitution in a situation like this. I hope it doesn't happen again, but one never knows.

Cheers,
Mike

Matt
(Login MSW1)

January 26 2009, 1:14 PM 

Mike - Please shoot me an email with the info on the second organization.
thanks!

My Trade/Sale Page

Kevin McCarthy
(Login sankatylight)

Brian Crotts

April 28 2009, 1:47 PM 

Mike,

Brian won an autographed item auction I sold on Ebay a week ago and he hasn't paid. I think he has one more day to do so before I can file with Ebay.

After reading your story I'm worried if he does pay I'll send him the item and then he'll return it with a fraud duplicate and ask for his money back.

What else do you know about this guy? Please email me as I don't follow this forum.

Thanks!
Kevin

Sean C
(Login Sean_C)

What was the eBay ID used?

April 28 2009, 7:36 PM 

Hi Kevin. What eBay ID did he use to purchase it from you?

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement