Net 54 Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Hello to all visitors! Please visit the NEW Net54 board at www.Net54baseball.com You can directly contact the moderator here if you have any questions or comments. Enjoy!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

Thoughts on this Joseph Hall Cabinet

February 8 2009 at 8:58 PM

(Login slidekellyslide)
Network 54 Moderator

http://tinyurl.com/c6y4m7

Why the different backer? Anyone ever seen a Hall cabinet on a backer for another studio?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login Joe_G.)

Re: Thoughts on this Joseph Hall Cabinet

February 8 2009, 9:09 PM 

Fraud.

They took a photo of a cabinet and glued it to another studios colored mount. The player names are supposed to be on the mount, not part of the photo.

Best Regards,
Joe G.

john/z28jd
(Login z28jd)

February 8 2009, 9:40 PM 

I'm glad I read that link because I had no idea the Reds only had 2 hall of famers! happy.gif

(Login JudgeDred2)

February 8 2009, 10:22 PM 

Definitely on an incorrect mount. The image is the important part but I'd rather have it skinned than mounted like that. Oh well, I'm guessing the seller picked it up that way. Someone could find a Jos. Hall mount and have someone doctor it and provide it with a more accurate mount. In any case, it's a nice image.

(Login PaulPaulPaul)

February 8 2009, 10:24 PM 

Actually, the Reds have surpisingly few Hall of Famers, and Bench and McPhee may be the only two who played their entire careers in Cincinnati. Obviously, Morgan, Perez, Lombardi, and Rousch spent their best years in Cincinnati. But I can't think of any others who spent their entire careers in Cincinnati. And other than these six, I can't think of any other players who spent their best years in Cincinnati. Am I missing someone? (I probably did and will be horribly embarrassed.)

(Login slidekellyslide)
Network 54 Moderator

February 8 2009, 10:26 PM 

Wahoo Sam started his career in Cincy, but of course his best years were with the Tigers.

David Smith
(Login ctownboy)

February 8 2009, 10:27 PM 

Frank Robinson

john/z28jd
(Login z28jd)

February 8 2009, 11:09 PM 

Eppa Rixey had most of his best years with them,he was below .500 with the Phillies 87-93 and 179-158 on the Reds.

(Login Joe_G.)

February 8 2009, 11:10 PM 

I would like to more carefully state my observations from my initial response above.

The cabinet is a fraud, only the mount dates to the 19th century. Someone appears to have taken a hi-res scan or photo of a Joseph Hall cabinet, cut out the players images together with the names below the photo and glued them to a period mount. On an original Joseph Hall cabinet, the team name and player names were all printed on the mount, not part of the photo.

Here is a copy of legitimate Joseph Hall.

[linked image]

Someone appears to have paid a bit too much for a generic studio mount. I'm basing this on the provided scans on eBay which seem to show the names are part of the photo.

Best Regards,
Joe Gonsowski

(Login Wite3)

February 9 2009, 12:59 AM 

Don't forget Tom Seaver.

Mark Lutz
(Login Mark_VL)

February 9 2009, 1:18 AM 

I don't think Bill McKechnie would be in the Hall were it not for his time with the Reds. .

(Login JudgeDred2)

February 9 2009, 2:54 AM 

Joe,

You're right. It's a total fraud. Someone paid $600+ for that? Yikes!!!!

dennis
(Login DCWD)

February 9 2009, 6:49 AM 

you would think if you were going to spend $600+ you would know about the item you were purchasing? when asked if the photo was original seller stated he didn't know? is it hard to tell a photocopy from an original period photo ? happy.gif

(Premier Login leonl)
Forum Owner

btw

February 10 2009, 11:09 AM 

is it any coincidence where this hails from?

"Burgoon, Ohio, United States"

I swear that Ohio must be the capitol of baseball fraud!!

(Login barrysloate)

February 10 2009, 11:24 AM 

Why is that? Do they send all the bad people to Ohio?

Rob D.
(Login wolfie51sb)

February 10 2009, 11:43 AM 

Not all are sent to Ohio. Some of us were born here.

Jay
(Login OldJudge)

February 10 2009, 11:45 AM 

Jeffrey Damler spent his youth in Ohio and Charles Manson was born in Ohio--enough said.

(Login barrysloate)

February 10 2009, 11:54 AM 

It's Dahmer, for the record.

Current Topic - Thoughts on this Joseph Hall Cabinet  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement