Net 54 Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Hello to all visitors! Please visit the NEW Net54 board at www.Net54baseball.com You can directly contact the moderator here if you have any questions or comments. Enjoy!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

T206 cards found

April 27 2009 at 5:04 PM
rick  (Login vintagenewb)

Hi I am a knew memeber to the board my name is rick. I came accross this board a few weeks ago i like the info you guys have on this board. I recently came accross Some T206 cards I would like to know what they could be worth. I am not sure how to post scans on here. but if you e-mail me i can reply with scans. Here is a list of the T206 cards I have they are not in very good condition.

Davis phili Amer. back says 350 subjects Piedmont the cigarette of quality
Alperman Brooklyn. back says 150 subjects Piedmont the cigarette of quality
Doyle N.Y. Natl back says 350 subjects Piedmont the cigarette of quality

The Davis card shows a picture of him in a white uniform in a blue backround
The alperman card shows him holding a baseball bat in a green and a yellow backround
The Doyle card shows him with his hands above his head with a blue backround.

I discribed the cards the best I can you can all e-mail me at ricksmith19800@yahoo.com if you want to see pics of the cards I doubt they have any value though.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
barrysloate
(Login barrysloate)

Re: T206 cards found

April 27 2009, 5:08 PM 

You have only three cards and one is a major rarity. This doesn't sound kosher.

Jeremy W.
(Login jpcw)

26 days late.

April 27 2009, 5:08 PM 

I thought we celebrated April Fools Day on the 1st? If you're being serious & the cards are real, you may have something with the Doyle card.

Matt
(Login MSW1)

April 27 2009, 5:09 PM 

You can email me images and I'll post them.

My Trade/Sale Page

Dave
(Login Chesbro41)

April 27 2009, 5:11 PM 

How fortunate... one of the 3 cards you found is also one of the rarest.

Please post scans if you don't mind. I'd love to see the Doyle.

T206Collector
(Login T206Collector)

This is an obvious scam

April 27 2009, 5:12 PM 

I recentely found a box of cards in my grandfather's attic and they have some flags and pictures of generals and a man named Wagner with Pittsburg written crossed his chest. I doubt they are worth anything but if you email me I can add your email to my spam list or better yet try to hook you up with this Nigerian Prince I know.

Again, I doubt they are worth anything, so you could make a huuuuge profit if you would only contact me with your email information.

This message has been edited by T206Collector on Apr 27, 2009 5:18 PM

Jimmy
(Login boxingbaseballgolf33)

T206 cards found

April 27 2009, 5:13 PM 

pictures would be helpful if you have them

Jimmy

Dan Bretta
(Login slidekellyslide)
Network 54 Moderator

April 27 2009, 5:39 PM 

Dear troll, the least you could do is make it interesting or believable.

Ah....only a few more days.

leon
(Premier Login leonl)
Network 54 Moderator

Dan

April 27 2009, 6:07 PM 

So correct you are. I am surprised one card isn't some guy with blue eyes. Anyway, with the new registration process I will only be approving AFTER I get user id, first and last name and daytime ph#...That will at least help the cause but I guess nothing is foolproof. Except for the Doyle it could have been believable.

This message has been edited by leonl on Apr 27, 2009 6:25 PM

Jon Canfield
(Login canjond)

April 27 2009, 6:49 PM 

Before everyone jumps down this guy's throat, remember this is EXACTLY how Skydash started. I agree, sounds too good to be true, but sometimes people pick up fake cards at an antique shop or garage sale thinking that they may have some value but without knowing for sure. I don't think that everyone who posts here should automatically be labeled a troll.

======================================
For the premier online souce of information on baseball-related cigarette packs, visit http://www.baseballandtobacco.com

rick
(Login vintagenewb)

April 27 2009, 7:17 PM 

wow you guys can be crul. anyway i came across these cards at a garage sale and i paid 10.00 for them. the lady said the belonged to her great grand father. my scanner is giveing me problems. the doyle card is rare? I never heard of that guy any info would be great also i will be going to office depot to get a knew scanner and try to post the scans.

peter ullman
(Login ullmandds)

April 27 2009, 7:19 PM 

Joe...I agree...let's wait and see...he's getting a "knew" scanner...so pics should be up soon! This is kinda how the butter cream ruth in the current rea was re-found...although I'm septic-al!

pete in mn

fkw
(Login fkw)

April 27 2009, 7:28 PM 

No need for a knew scanner, only need to go to a good Copy Store (ie Kinkos) and they can scan them for you.

Joseph
(Login base_ball)

April 27 2009, 7:55 PM 

If the poster was savvy enough to find this forum and knew enough to identify the cards as "T206" and use the words "hands above head" then it would have taken him 2 minutes to find out the answer to his query. This is not how Shydash played out, this poster should not be indulged, and mine should be this thread's last post.

Dave F
(Login asphaltman76)

April 27 2009, 8:44 PM 

Exactly Joseph. The Davis was described as "white uniform with a blue background", but on the Doyle, Natl he just happened to nail "hands above his head".

This message has been edited by asphaltman76 on Apr 27, 2009 8:44 PM

Dan Bretta
(Login slidekellyslide)
Network 54 Moderator

April 27 2009, 9:28 PM 

Probably the same poster who wants info on a Ruth photo that he refuses to show anyone. That one was mildly amusing. This one was too easy.

Dan Koteles
(Login 823dek)

well....

April 27 2009, 9:39 PM 

I have Arizona Oceanfront property if one is interested, this is as equally as astonishing ,so ya'll let me know !

Jon Canfield
(Login canjond)

April 27 2009, 10:47 PM 

Joe - actually this was exactly how Skydash played out - here is the original thread...

http://www.network54.com/Forum/153652/thread/1186597102/how+to+find+an+honest+appraiser

Remember, Skydash claimed that two autographed Babe Ruth jerseys were thrown out but the cards were saved. Funny enough, the same "Arizona beach front property" line was used then too.

======================================
For the premier online souce of information on baseball-related cigarette packs, visit http://www.baseballandtobacco.com

David Poses
(Login sesop)

i'm no expert

April 27 2009, 10:48 PM 

I'm no expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Rob L
(Login Rob_L)

April 28 2009, 12:19 AM 

Hi,

I just found this card. I was told it's a T206 Johnson portrait with Green back. Does anyone know how much this might be worth?

[linked image]

Rob L

http://www.freewebs.com/loefflerrd/

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement