Net 54 Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Hello to all visitors! Please visit the NEW Net54 board at www.Net54baseball.com You can directly contact the moderator here if you have any questions or comments. Enjoy!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  
Aaron M.
(Login aaron1050)

Re: t minus 15 minutes and Legendary Auction sticky?

April 29 2009, 11:08 PM 

edited due to anonymity per the rules

This message has been edited by leonl on Apr 29, 2009 11:16 PM

George HC
(Login T215)

April 29 2009, 11:17 PM 

Not to worry... they will also extend the time to send consignment checks and winning lots too.

Business as usual for the Legendary-Mastro crew!

Greg
(Login sayhey24)

I'm Confused

April 30 2009, 12:04 AM 

As I write this, the clock on all lots shows about 26 minutes left. Does that mean 26 minutes left to get in an initial bid, 26 minutes left in the extended bid period, or 26 minutes left until the lot is closed if no further bids are received?

Greg

Aaron M.
(Login aaron1050)

April 30 2009, 12:05 AM 

Huh, since when have I been anonymous? My e-mail's right there (as it always is) and you and Doug both know who I am (first name, last name, hell Doug even has my credit card number). That's weird -- so was you banning me from the site (however temporarily).

All I said was with the countdown it's confusing as to whether all lots end at 11:30 PM CST and then enter the 30-minute rule or if lots are already in the 30-minute period. A clarification on that would avoid confusion and actually help the auction (I'm bidding now just in case, but if others are still confused, then they are going to miss out if the latter is actually the case).

Bob Freedman
(Login fubar63)

April 30 2009, 12:09 AM 

The issues that occurred on Legendary Auctions tonight were due to problems on SimpleAuctions servers. Because of the performance issues on the servers, Doug Allen decided to extend the auction by one hour. In so doing, SimpleAuction inadvertently set the timer incorrectly, causing confusion. All issues have been resolved and SimpleAuction sincerely apologizes for the inconvenience. We would also like to thank Doug for his patience and support.

Bob Freedman
President, SimpleAuctionSite

Bill Cornell
(Login bcornell)

April 30 2009, 12:14 AM 

I forfeit. I get more patient all the time, or at least I thought so until tonight.

Bill

Aaron M.
(Login aaron1050)

April 30 2009, 12:23 AM 

Thanks Bob -- it's working perfectly now.

Dave F
(Login asphaltman76)

April 30 2009, 5:56 AM 

Well, I thought the whole thing was pretty dissapointing. Although there was just one lot last night I was even interested in, after about 10-15 minutes of trying to get the auction to load I just quit. I did see later on the board here that the initial bids had been extended by an hour. Terrific, but I'm on the east coast and get up at 4:45 am....so, I went to bed.

chiprop
(Login chiprop)

April 30 2009, 6:01 AM 

they left a lot of money on the table!

Larry P.
(Login bxb)

April 30 2009, 6:07 AM 

Well, I tried to log in several times last night to put in my initial bids right before the deadline, but I kept getting error messages. So I was getting too tired and went to bed, and missed the auction.

This morning I see several emails from last night telling me their computer was overloaded.

I had been saving about 5 thousand dollars for this auction.

chiprop
(Login chiprop)

April 30 2009, 7:41 AM 

I would have bid much much higher on the d322 tiptops. The consigners accross the board must be pissed!

This message has been edited by chiprop on Apr 30, 2009 7:42 AM

Matt
(Login MSW1)

April 30 2009, 8:12 AM 

I guess I was watching the wrong lots - everything I was following finished at or above my expectations.

My Trade/Sale Page

Tom Boblitt
(Premier Login autograf)

Lots 1-539 now.........

April 30 2009, 8:24 AM 

just DISAPPEARED.............they're not in the current auction and there's no April 2009 closed auction results.

barrysloate
(Login barrysloate)

April 30 2009, 8:48 AM 

I know Tom- I couldn't find anything about last night's final bids. The only way I could see the results of the lots I bid on was to go to my account.

leon
(Premier Login leonl)
Network 54 Moderator

strong prices

April 30 2009, 8:50 AM 

I was bidding on 40 lots, quite honestly for resale, as there were no cards I needed for my collection (being mainly a type collector and all). Out of those 40 lots I found none that were such a good deal I wanted to go higher. People that say a lot of money was left of the table either just didn't bid or were watching a different auction, imo. The slowness was an issue earlier but the kinks got worked out and the auction ended in fine fashion. Had I "had" to have something it would have been no problem to bid more...

Bob Freedman
(Login fubar63)

April 30 2009, 9:16 AM 

Session 1 ended last night and once session 2 ends tonight you will be able to see the entire auction. We will work, in the future, to display both closed and open lots once a session ends.

Jim VB
(Login jvb6034)

April 30 2009, 9:43 AM 

I, for one, find it refreshing that Bob has taken the time to come on the board and explain the problems and what is being done to fix them.

At the same time, I'm a little stressed out by his login name.

Alan
(Login Jewish-collector)

April 30 2009, 9:57 AM 

Bob deserves a Mazel Tov.[linked image]

Tom Boblitt
(Premier Login autograf)

And I think.........

April 30 2009, 9:59 AM 

His login is interestingly appropriate..........just kidding. For transferring everything from one platform to another in the amount of time that they did, it didn't have that many major issues. There were a few NS lots that likely went below what their market value was--even from a wholesale perspective but unfortunately nothing I was bidding on. I also bid on some baseball pins but was outbid well before the updated closing times. Que sera sera....there's another day today and another auction this weekend.

Jeff Lichtman
(Login calvindog)

April 30 2009, 11:16 AM 

I can't help but notice that the clock for tonight's session has the 30 minute clock starting at 11 pm CST instead of 10 pm. What gives?

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement