Net 54 Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Hello to all visitors! Please visit the NEW Net54 board at www.Net54baseball.com You can directly contact the moderator here if you have any questions or comments. Enjoy!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

chiprop
(Login chiprop)

Re: t minus 15 minutes and Legendary Auction sticky?

April 30 2009, 11:26 AM 

leon - d322s went cheap. The mascot should have sold well over $2,500.00 and the common cards should have been over $1,000.00 in a high grade. Just my opinion. I can't see the whole auction, so not sure about the rest of the auction.

dan mckee
(Login danmckee)

April 30 2009, 11:33 AM 

I never received a single email about this auction ending last night or tonight. I missed several things I would have bid higher on last night. Doug please make sure my email address is on your notifications list. Thanks Dan.

Todd
(Login deadballera)

April 30 2009, 11:45 AM 

the Tip Tops went very cheap. I was shocked at the Mascot price !

I think some of it has to do with the REA auction running at the same time.

Jeff Lichtman
(Login calvindog)

April 30 2009, 11:52 AM 

All it takes is one shill bidder to push prices artifiically higher and create the illusion that the cards are worth more than they are. Who knows what occurred the last few times the Tip Tops were up for sale at auction? Can't we all agree that their perceived values recently increased dramatically? Perhaps there was just no one fraudulently pushing the Tip Tops last night, and the cards ended where they should have.

Matt
(Login MSW1)

April 30 2009, 11:54 AM 

Jeff - we seem to know of two such "bad" sales recently of Tip Top Wagners were they "sold" at auction but were never paid for...

My Trade/Sale Page

barrysloate
(Login barrysloate)

April 30 2009, 11:57 AM 

There have been a lot of D322 on the market lately, and I think after they experienced a huge price spike about a year ago, we've seen prices soften on them.

I had bids on both the Dreyfuss and lot of 7 last night, but didn't win either. I thought both did okay but not necessarily great.

leon
(Premier Login leonl)
Network 54 Moderator

if you didn't bid

April 30 2009, 12:12 PM 

Just my opinion but the only reason anyone missed bidding last night is you were either stupid or didn't want to bid. Pick one.

And I agree with Jeff....maybe the Tip Tops weren't fraudulently run up, not that that would ever happen, and sold at their true market price. What a novel idea!! I had bids on most of the Tip Tops and commons in 5 holders (not the few toughies) are in the $800-$1000 (retail) range today. I was underbidder on some but I didn't want to have to pay $850 or more and have no meat left on the bone for resale. The mascot was a little low but there have been several for sale in the last year and it's not a card that you won't see for sale again in the next 12 mos, maybe multiple times. So, no reason to pay strong for it right now....

Aaron M.
(Login aaron1050)

April 30 2009, 1:26 PM 

Leon, you're hilarious. Multiple people report the same problems, yet it's their own fault for being stupid. Seriously, does Doug have nude photos of you?

I also think you really crossed a line from "friend" to Doug and Legendary/Mastro to Mastro Monkey last night when you deleted my post and banned me and then lied about not knowing who I am to justify it. I know they advertise on your site and the money must be important to you, but still, you should at least try and show some objectivity as the moderator/administrator of the site. You assumed my complaint was meant to undermine Mastro/Legendary's auction, yet if you'll check with Bob I attempted to privately alert him to the timing issues and other problems to help the site and auction run more smoothly last night.

On the question of the web-site, I think the problems were easy to see coming a mile away. I posted about the technical glitches and poor organization and features of the site over a week ago and received an e-mail from Bob as a result that kick started a long exchange (at first contentious as he was quite insulting and defensive) that led to changes on the "My Account" page like the addition of thumb-nails images and ordering the my bids list by lot number, but there were still many glitches and poorly developed (or non-existent) features that the site needs to work on if Mastro/Legendary moves forward. As it stands now the site needs to seriously up-grade and last night was far too confusing and glitch-plagued for what they are trying to achieve.

Jeff Lichtman
(Login calvindog)

April 30 2009, 1:39 PM 

"Seriously, does Doug have nude photos of you?"

Hey, that's my line!

Bryan Tachner
(Login BryanTachner)

April 30 2009, 1:55 PM 

Mastro Monkey!

dan mckee
(Login danmckee)

April 30 2009, 1:57 PM 

I guess that makes me very stupid as I wanted to bid but I rely on reminder emails to tell me when auctions are ending because I have about 30 catalogs at any 1 given time on my desk.

My thought is if I don't get an email, and I can't remember, then there is nothing I absolutely have to have.

But my memory has never been the same since I was on Ambien for a few months 2 years ago.

And thanks for the kind words Leon.

Dan

Told u I was stupid, edited to correct the spelling of realy

This message has been edited by danmckee on Apr 30, 2009 2:12 PM

leon
(Premier Login leonl)
Network 54 Moderator

Dan

April 30 2009, 2:46 PM 

My response wasn't aimed only at you but as an auctioneer it gets so old hearing all of the reasons why people don't bid. Had you read the board in the last few weeks, or had a good email with Mastro, or any number of other things they did to alert you, you would have know about it. It's really frustrating. If you ran an auction you would understand. And ya know what....maybe for a short time you were being stupid...no big deal. Look above at all of the folks that think I am liar and a monkey....It's not a big deal...I have been called worse. First beer is on me at the National buddy....

dan mckee
(Login danmckee)

April 30 2009, 3:00 PM 

When I first bid, I got a million bid confirmation emails so I know they have a good email for me. I bid on a ton of lots early. I rely on the notifications because I don't have the time to read the board like I would like to. I won't call you any names except Leon. And I drink Vodka and will gladly accept a rail one to start. Dano

P.S. I can respect your frustration as I do not run an auction house.

leon
(Premier Login leonl)
Network 54 Moderator

huh

April 30 2009, 3:21 PM 

"Mastro Monkey!"

Monkeys around the world are organizing a boycott over that one!!

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement