Net 54 Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Hello to all visitors! Please visit the NEW Net54 board at www.Net54baseball.com You can directly contact the moderator here if you have any questions or comments. Enjoy!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  

Enos Slaughter?

April 30 2009 at 6:18 AM
Phil Garry  (Login bcbgcbrcb)

Can anyone positively identify which player on the below photo, if any, is Enos Slaughter?

[linked image]

Thanks

This message has been edited by bcbgcbrcb on Apr 30, 2009 6:24 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

dennis
(Login DCWD)

Re: Enos Slaughter?

April 30 2009, 6:34 AM 

i would guess he would be the 3rd from the right with only his head showing.

Chris Counts
(Login ccmcnutt)

Enos Slaughter

April 30 2009, 8:49 AM 

If he's in the photo, I believe he's in the top row, sixth from the right. Enos, by the way, was only 5-9. It's hard to tell, though. Can you get a better scan?

Steve Murray
(Login jacklitsch)

April 30 2009, 8:54 AM 

Bottom row, third from the right?

Phil Garry
(Login bcbgcbrcb)

April 30 2009, 9:10 AM 

Unfortunately, this is the only image I have to go by. I was using Slaughter's 1941 Double Play card (w/Johnny Mize) to match up against and my guess was the guy all the way on the left with the towel around his neck.

This message has been edited by bcbgcbrcb on Apr 30, 2009 9:11 AM

Ryan Christoff
(Login vajra1)

April 30 2009, 9:39 AM 

It's ironic that someone said Slaughter is bottom row, 3rd from the right, because that's Cuban great, Miguel Gonzalez. And this image is from a Cuban postcard from 1940.

Top row, sixth from the right is obviously Josh Gibson. Could be Joe Jackson, though.

-Ryan

Jim VB
(Login jvb6034)

OT to Ryan

April 30 2009, 9:46 AM 

Ryan,

I sent you an email a couple of days ago. Did you get it, or did it end up in spamville somewhere?

Jodi Birkholm
(Login JBirkholm)

April 30 2009, 10:07 AM 

Oddly enough, I saw Max Lanier right away, but there are a few who look like Enos in the image. I might have to agree with the fellow who guessed top row, sixth from right.

Ryan Christoff
(Login vajra1)

April 30 2009, 10:38 AM 

Jim,

Thanks for reminding me. I did get your e-mail, but it was right in the middle of a lovely batch of kidney stones, so your e-mail and all others from Sunday to basically today have pretty much been forgotten. I'll e-mail you right now.

-Ryan

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Top of page | Bottom of page | Main Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement