My September 11th....

by Sami

The smell....it is unforgetable....
The air....it was so tight....
The smiles....they were longer there....
The students....they walked slow and glumly....
The teachers....the become leanent and understanding....
The principal....he became informed....
The rooms....they were dusty and warm....
The chairs....people were scared to make a sound...

On my fourth day of eighth grade, I had a day I would never forget. A day that no one would. September 11th. I could smell the debre in the air. I could taste the dust. I could see the smoke. I could hear the trucks. I could touch the person next to me, give them a hug, and tell them it would all be ok.

I honor all those who were involved with anything September 11th related. I pray for you, and please know that you are all constantly in my thoughts.

But on September 13th, 2001, I learned a lesson that has stcuk with me since. A lesson that when I think about it makes me cry.

"God NEVER promised us a tomorrow. And he still doesn't."

editted 12/29/04:

So much in my life has changed. I will never forget the confusion in my heart. I will never forget when school was canceled on September 12th, 2001. My church opened the youth doors to those who attended my school. They thought it would help. They wanted to answer questions.
But before I went, my mom, she wanted to spend time with my brother and I. So, the three of us went to the diner. When we sat down we heard a small commotion. Just a few tables away sat three brave men who, from what we overheard, were taking their first break since the towers were attacked. These men were heading home to be with their families.
I just remember, sitting, and watching. They sat there eating their eggs, their bagels. They were all covered in dust. Their clothes were ripped. But they knew it wasn't over.
If only I knew then what they did.

This message has been edited by locker2212 from IP address 24.184.5.77 on Dec 29, 2004 1:16 AM

Posted on Sep 11, 2003, 8:54 PM
from IP address 24.184.5.77

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement